Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:23 AM

693 posts, read 1,137,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
No, it's not "well said". The key words you missed were "I do not understand". After being on C-D for over two years now I've lost count of how many times he's said some variation of the same statement.

Some of us have tried many times to tell him our situations. Whether it's career, military, lack of money, whatever. He still continues to have trouble getting his head around the notion that some people who don't like Florida, but for whatever reason, they don't or can't leave. Then people like you who really want to move here don't want to hear anything negative about their future home and start chiming in against anyone who could dare have a negative thing to say about their paradise.

Do you understand? Do you see where I'm going With this? I've noticed you have been vocal against anyone with something negative to say about the area. So consider this since you don't live here.

BTW, Good luck with your relocation. I sincerely wish you the best.
Maybe you are correct, I dont know his posts well enough I just have found lately there are a couple of frequent posters who seem to spin any topic to a negative tone. I just think that is a poor thing to do, inject tremendous bias based on ones own situation when others are considering relocating. Its not just relocating, jobs, expansion, whatever, just a constant drone of negativity comes from some of the same posters. I am fully aware that I dont live there yet. I have spent some time, I have done some research and I have spoken to others who live there. I am allowed to come to my own opinions based on this. I dont question others view I just think they should temper it just a bit and understand that just because their situation isnt going well that they should damn Tampa and anyone with thoughts of a move there.

Thank you for the well wishes, I am a bit overcommited at this point so I hope it continues to be all positive. Looking forward to a few days in Tampa next week for some last minute relocation tasks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
Rest assured, if I were confused I would ask for clarification

Quote:
The last time I did this it confused you.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Please feel free to refer to my previous posts. You can click on my screen name and choose "Find All Posts".

Those of us who strive to discount incorrect information are labeled "Cheerleaders" or "trolls" yet those with negative opinions feel that "everybody should know the truth". Unfortunately, their "truth" is simply mis-information, no information or just personal opinion.

You are certainly correct that a select few frequent posters constantly provide a negative view.
When called on it they go away or reappear with a new screen name. It should be quite obvious
when a poster is providing commentary that is biased due to their perception.

Otherwise, feel free to ask any questions you may have. There are enough of us here that will be able to provide factual unbiased information or lead you to a source to obtain that information.

Good luck with your relocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavariantransplant View Post
Maybe you are correct, I dont know his posts well enough I just have found lately there are a couple of frequent posters who seem to spin any topic to a negative tone. I just think that is a poor thing to do, inject tremendous bias based on ones own situation when others are considering relocating. Its not just relocating, jobs, expansion, whatever, just a constant drone of negativity comes from some of the same posters. I am fully aware that I dont live there yet. I have spent some time, I have done some research and I have spoken to others who live there. I am allowed to come to my own opinions based on this. I dont question others view I just think they should temper it just a bit and understand that just because their situation isnt going well that they should damn Tampa and anyone with thoughts of a move there.

Thank you for the well wishes, I am a bit overcommited at this point so I hope it continues to be all positive. Looking forward to a few days in Tampa next week for some last minute relocation tasks.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:48 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,896,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavariantransplant View Post

Spring Hillian is an excellent source for accurate information and is backed up by actual data sources. When you are here long enough, you will easily be able to tell who has been accurate with information, providing data, and who simply likes to moan and complain....providing no data or very questionable sources.

I could easily list the many quality members here, as well as the handful who are not. But there is no need for me to, as you can quite quickly figure that out. If one comes on here and does absolutely nothing but complain about every aspect of living here, cannot find anything positive or helpful to say and stalks anyone who is happy being here........well they kind of stand out. Many of us have been speaking to each other via email or DM and we know who these people are and have decided to simply ignore them. They hate that more than anything.

As for me, I have lived in dozens of places around the country. I can compare from actual real life experiences. There is no place which has all pros and no cons. But the Tampa Bay area has provided us with the most pros and fewest cons of any place we have lived. Having more jobs like this coming to the area is a good thing, yet complainers will complain. That's what they do. That is the mental hell they live in. Nothing is good to them. It's an awful way to live.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:03 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Spring Hillian is an excellent source for accurate information and is backed up by actual data sources. When you are here long enough, you will easily be able to tell who has been accurate with information, providing data, and who simply likes to moan and complain....providing no data or very questionable sources.

I could easily list the many quality members here, as well as the handful who are not. But there is no need for me to, as you can quite quickly figure that out. If one comes on here and does absolutely nothing but complain about every aspect of living here, cannot find anything positive or helpful to say and stalks anyone who is happy being here........well they kind of stand out. Many of us have been speaking to each other via email or DM and we know who these people are and have decided to simply ignore them. They hate that more than anything.

As for me, I have lived in dozens of places around the country. I can compare from actual real life experiences. There is no place which has all pros and no cons. But the Tampa Bay area has provided us with the most pros and fewest cons of any place we have lived. Having more jobs like this coming to the area is a good thing, yet complainers will complain. That's what they do. That is the mental hell they live in. Nothing is good to them. It's an awful way to live.
Your false statement is just meant to instigate. Something you have been doing non-stop since you've been a member.

I presented you with some facts just the other day in another thread and you walked away from the conversation. Remember? And as far as never saying anything positive, take a look at post #2 on this thread.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM

What is false about this statement? What is being instigated by it?

Quote:
Your false statement is just meant to instigate. Something you have been doing non-stop since you've been a member.

I presented you with some facts just the other day in another thread and you walked away from the conversation. Remember? And as far as never saying anything positive, take a look at post #2 on this thread.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:13 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What is false about this statement? What is being instigated by it?
Trying to fan the flames a little more, Spring Hillian?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:19 PM

What flames? You posted it, I was wondering what you took offense to or feel is inaccurate.

Quote:
Trying to fan the flames a little more, Spring Hillian?

Old 11-10-2013, 06:43 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,436,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Honestly, these jobs are here in part because of the RNC. The RNC gave Tampa a lot of press and I am sure many of the congressmen and senators liked the idea of visiting on a more regular basis. To do that, those congressmen and senators need to have campaign contributors build businesses where they want to visit on the government dollar.

Sounds like Tampa is playing the game the right way.
You don't seriously even believe that yourself, do you?

Old 11-10-2013, 07:36 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
You don't seriously even believe that yourself, do you?
Naw, its because easy cheap labor and the corps know it...they can pack up and leave in the drop of a dime if needed. You never see executive offices in Tampa only back offices and there is a reason for that. Let these fools try to dispute those facts, but as long as Tampa is a back office/call center haven then you will forever see $30k/ year jobs as the norm.

Any of you cheerleaders need an example, take a look at express scripts takeover of medco health solutions, the Tampa office was the first to get cut.

Alot of these cheerleaders are northerners who just moved here and think this is the greatest place on earth. I was born and raised here and watched this state get destroyed first hand by those same people, hence my disdain for them.

Whats cool about BULLDOZING 100 acres of preserve and displace millions of animals for a strip mall?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay