Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Suspects with fake gun shot during home invasion, Pasco deputies say | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com

Published: July 19, 2013
Two men attempting to rob a home with a fake gun were shot by an occupant who brandished a real firearm, the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said.

The robbery attempt occurred at 5:52 p.m. Friday in a cottage on the 4400 block of Land O' Lakes Boulevard. Deputies said the two men were planning a home invasion robbery and carried a fake gun.

A visitor in the house shot the men with an authentic weapon, hitting both several times, Pasco sheriff's spokesman Kevin Doll said.

The men ran outside and collapsed on the sidewalk. They were taken to a local hospital, where both were listed in serious conditon.

--------------------------------------------------

Good ending to a scary moment for this family. That is why people have guns. To defend themselves and their families!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,552 times
nice, I would never break into a house in FL especially knowing the amount of people that own guns. Just like anything responsible gun owners save lifes...

Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
I'm wondering if there isn't more to the story since most home invasions aren't random. Either way I have to agree it's a good ending.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM

56 posts, read 110,279 times
I actually had a conversation with a Deputy regarding this situation on Saturday night and he informed me that the suspects with the fake guns went to this place because the occupant was an alleged drug dealer that they had felt had ripped them off. He had a real gun and the rest is history...

Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
In Holland guns are forbidden but often criminals kill each other. Nobody should feel sorry for them...but if you are not a criminal and someone tries to break in then you have the right to defend yourself which we didn't have whe we had a burglary/home invasion when I was 12.

I'm not sure about these break ins being random either, since the police was clear that the burglary was a targeted one to get the specific item that was stolen from our home.

In our case it was an antique clock that was stolen and a family piece that was for over a 100 years in our family so it was very disturbing.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM

257 posts, read 470,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-TAMPA View Post
I actually had a conversation with a Deputy regarding this situation on Saturday night and he informed me that the suspects with the fake guns went to this place because the occupant was an alleged drug dealer that they had felt had ripped them off. He had a real gun and the rest is history...
That's the case in a lot of home invasions. Drug dealers go and rob other drug dealers because they know there's a ton of cash and drugs in the house.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:22 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,822,612 times
Good. That's what should happen if you violate someone's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay