Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Duke Energy to cancel proposed Levy County nuclear plant | Tampa Bay Times

Isn't this worth a class action lawsuit?

How can a company keep charging this to customers while they already have cancelled their plans.

Even politicians feel taken for a ride after they voted in favor and finding out the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
You guys voted for the fools to let this happen.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Welfare is ok as long as Big Business is receiving it. Anyone else is just a parasite.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Welfare is ok as long as Big Business is receiving it. Anyone else is just a parasite.
Exactly! I couldn't rep you more.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Duke Energy to cancel proposed Levy County nuclear plant | Tampa Bay Times

Isn't this worth a class action lawsuit?

How can a company keep charging this to customers while they already have cancelled their plans.

Even politicians feel taken for a ride after they voted in favor and finding out the truth!
Problem is Duke is playing by the "rule."

They should repeal the law that allows companies to collect advance fee. There is the problem.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:48 AM

62 posts, read 86,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You guys voted for the fools to let this happen.
This situation reminds me of a cartoon I recently saw. A husband and wife are sitting outside their dilapidated trailer when the husband says to the wife, "Remind me again, how long is it before we vote against our interest?" It always astounds me when people in this state (or country) vote against their interest (mainly economic). People vote the straight party line (Republican, Democratic, Tea Party, whatever) and don't really know the candidates or their ties to lobbyists. Or they will overlook this to support a candidate over a small social issue (I know these are important too, but many of these politicians know what buttons to push or the right things to say, but then will turn right around and financially screw their constituents, while giving the illusion they are doing whats best for the people).

Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 PM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
yea I kinda interjected this news under mass transit comment

Old 08-04-2013, 10:32 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Not Quite sure I understand what went down. I was not following this story when it started it appears years ago. Progress got money upfront to start the process of building a nuke plant? Then they were bought out by duke. They also are on the hook for money to close down the crystal river plant. SO the money that the people paid in so far is going to reimburse the costs they have incurred so far in building the new plant. As well as the cost of the shut down plant. So in a way duke is just cutting its losses for something they inherited from progress. Please fill in where I am missing something, thanks much appreciated.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:15 AM

296 posts, read 657,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Not Quite sure I understand what went down. I was not following this story when it started it appears years ago. Progress got money upfront to start the process of building a nuke plant? Then they were bought out by duke. They also are on the hook for money to close down the crystal river plant. SO the money that the people paid in so far is going to reimburse the costs they have incurred so far in building the new plant. As well as the cost of the shut down plant. So in a way duke is just cutting its losses for something they inherited from progress. Please fill in where I am missing something, thanks much appreciated.
The money we are paying was to go to a new plant, they are scrapping their losses but still charging us for something we will never see.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:54 AM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
laughing in the Virgin Islands on their yacht,,, how about another martini with that lobster?

Last edited by tinytrump; 08-05-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay