Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM

81 posts, read 279,663 times

Advertisements

Hi

My family and I are relocating to Florida and have the option of moving to Tampa/St.Pete or Broward area, specifically Weston, Coral Springs area. We are also open to other areas that meet our criteria.

My kids are in elementary school and we want a location that is safe, family friendly, nice recreational areas and not too far from the beach. Our house budget is 400,000 max.

Based on my info, any recommendations are welcome...

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
The best chance you'd have of being closer to the beach is St. Pete area, and I'll let the experts on that area give you more specific neighborhood info.

Tampa is just not that good for beaches. Ben T. Davis and others on the bay frequently have bacteria problems. You'd have to travel south to Manatee County or west to Clearwater or St. Pete beaches or any of the Pinellas beaches and you're looking at 40 minutes to an hour depending where you live. Coral Spring and Weston in Broward are nice, but it's also a major hike to the beach from those communities, Weston is probably closer than Coral Springs, but it's still a hike.

St. Pete's probably your best shot.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
Hi

My family and I are relocating to Florida and have the option of moving to Tampa/St.Pete or Broward area, specifically Weston, Coral Springs area. We are also open to other areas that meet our criteria.

My kids are in elementary school and we want a location that is safe, family friendly, nice recreational areas and not too far from the beach. Our house budget is 400,000 max.

Based on my info, any recommendations are welcome...

TIA
If you want the best overall beach access in the Tampa Bay area, you will want to stay in Pinellas County, IMO.

Can't say much about Coral Springs. Never been there.

The Palm Harbor 34685 area in the East Lake corridor of Pinellas County would meet the criteria listed very nicely. It is NOT the ONLY option, so hopefully others will chime in with POSITIVE information on other areas as well...in order to HELP you.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:46 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times
Weston is fantastic. The high school is 180th in the nation, and has a safe environment. I would also suggest Palmetto Bay, which could be a stretch. Parkland has a top notch school system, and is really nice. If you want good schools, you will have to sacrifice on beach accesses in South Florida. In terms of South Florida VS Tampa, if you like faster pace, and more diverse, you will love Miami. If you want a slower pace of life, and quieter, Tampa is for you.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
In raising kids- Miami it is a city- ( Broward is same thing) schools run about 3000 pupils each year and it is the fast lane. Tampabay is wayyy slower pace...so although I love My S-FL, I did not want my grands rasied there, They left Tampabay ended up in Clermont FL and all three are now on the honor roll... BIG positive change,,, No beaches, they come to visit me n hit the beach every so often
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay