Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
How Millennial Are You? | Pew Research Center

take this test if you are not sure where you belong- millenials - baby boomer etc, etc... this might explain better

Your Millennial score is 90- --wow!! mine wow... ??

• 4 Silent (b. 1928-1945) • 11 Baby Boomer (b. 1946-1964) • 33 Gen Xer (b. 1965-1980) • 73 Millennial (b. 1981+)

so did anyone take the test above?? see if you are a true boomer? or NOT apparently I wasn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 05:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romes591 View Post
I have no problem with the suburbs, the city and the burbs both have their pluses and minuses. The only think I think suburbia lacks is diversity and culture.
I think my burb is something like 96% white according to one particular site. I have no problem with that. I have tons of different ethnic restaurants to eat at and plenty to do that interests me all within easy reach and much right in my own burb. I really couldn't care less about making sure the population itself is diverse. It's a complete non factor for me.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:53 PM

well. I prefer a lttle bit of everything --united nations... so much more fun to learn and experience different views, ways, cultures, foods, art, music - and so forth. but its ok if you don't- live and let live.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
well. I prefer a lttle bit of everything --united nations... so much more fun to learn and experience different views, ways, cultures, foods, art, music - and so forth. but its ok if you don't- live and let live.
Yes, I experienced all of that in one place I lived for several years. People from all over the world. For me, it was a novelty. It wore off and then it was...Ya...and? Here we still get the great diversity in ethnic food, which is the one and only thing I really care about when it comes to diversity. Music? I already know what I like.....modern country, classic rock and most importantly Pink Floyd. Art? Not for me. Different views? Have seen and heard them all already. I am a blend of most. Can't stand the ideologues.

So basically, it is fine with me if my neighborhood is 100% white americans or not. I ain't having daily block parties with them. I wave as I pass by to do my thing and that's about it.

I understand for others, especially when first being exposed to different cultures, it is different and they may crave more of that........for a while.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
I think city people like city life,,,
Really? Do you think people in the suburbs like the suburbs also?

Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM

693 posts, read 1,137,762 times
I was born and raised in Queens, NY .. about as diverse a location that you will find on the planet. I enjoyed it.

I have spent most of my adult life in the suburbs and equally enjoy it in its own way.

My preferences changed as I changed through the different phases in ones life. I imagine when all the kids are gone I will probably look to get more urban with a nice city apartment.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I think city people like city life,,,
"Some" people do. I am sure you would have to agree some do not. I am sure you would agree some prefer suburban life instead. I am sure you would agree some like the rural life instead. I am sure you would agree some almost never or ever step foot inside the city and do just fine and are as happy as can be.

I am sure you would agree different strokes for different folks.

I HOPE you notice that the Tampa Bay area is developed in such a way as to offer every one of these groups of people what they like individually.

I think we could all agree that improvements could still be made in some areas though.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Really? Do you think people in the suburbs like the suburbs also?
Sure most suburb living is places you buy- some rentals but mostly owned,,, would you buy where you dont like? ?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM

Exactly- PriousH8r- I agree improvements need to be made for all areas. For those who like city living, it has come up bit short in Tampa, but it's coming.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Exactly- PriousH8r- I agree improvements need to be made for all areas. For those who like city living, it has come up bit short in Tampa, but it's coming.
At least Tampa has a great mayor....IMO. I like his thinking on most things. Even though I and many others care for suburb living over city living, I think it is important for the major cities in the area to be strong and vibrant, for the overall good. I think Tampa's mayor is the man for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay