Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times

Advertisements

Let's start a list of them. I'll go first.

1. Stick figure families
2. Driving in rain with hazard lights flashing
3. Driving too slow in left lane
4. All lanes of cars pacing each other so nobody behind them can pass (this is especially maddening)
5. Salt Life stickers
6. Bare feet on the dashboard or hanging out the window
7. Not letting in a semi truck when they NEED to move over
8. People stopped on train tracks
9. People slowing down to near 0 MPH in a no-stop Sunpass lane (as if their car is going to outrun a radio signal if it goes too fast)

Did I miss anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 AM

484 posts, read 761,169 times
Speeding.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
I kept seeing this sticker at my local library. I think it belongs to our punk-gothic looking (pierced, tattooed, serial-murder-looking) male librarian. Finally I had my ipod camera to capture it. Somewhat funny, if you ask me.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
  1. Not using blinkers when making turns
  2. Tailgating to get someone to pull over
  3. Driving at dark without headlights and or tail lights
  4. Skipping over solid lines in the acceleration lane to overtake another car trying to blend into traffic

Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I kept seeing this sticker at my local library. I think it belongs to our punk-gothic looking (pierced, tattooed, serial-murder-looking) male librarian. Finally I had my ipod camera to capture it. Somewhat funny, if you ask me.
hahaha, that *is* funny! I see those family stick figures ALL THE TIME.

A side note to that...IMO, it's not a good idea (from a safety standpoint). From those stickers alone, as a scammer, I can determine how many children you have, whether or not they are teenagers or small children, what sports they play, what kind of pet you have, and often times, what you do for a living. That is alot of information to begin with if I want to run a scam. Just saying...

Old 08-22-2013, 07:01 AM

472 posts, read 547,600 times
Not using turn signal. That one annoys me the most.

Funny about #9. Florida's toll roads are contracted to Raytheon. They build missiles that can track and shoot down falling satellites that travels at 22,000mph+ so I think your car passing the toll road collection sensor at 70mph is not a problem for their system. For all we know, they probably can also collect your speed, diagnose your car engine, and take your blood pressure too.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 AM

440 posts, read 595,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post

1. Stick figure families
4. All lanes of cars pacing each other so nobody behind them can pass (this is especially maddening)
5. Salt Life stickers
9. People slowing down to near 0 MPH in a no-stop Sunpass lane (as if their car is going to outrun a radio signal if it goes too fast)

Did I miss anything?
I don't think this is just limited to Tampa, because our drivers up in OH meet all those except #5 and #9. Lol those stick figure families are beginning to get annoying anymore, they are literally on all minivans i see!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
I don't think this is just limited to Tampa, because our drivers up in OH meet all those except #5 and #9. Lol those stick figure families are beginning to get annoying anymore, they are literally on all minivans i see!
Add New England to the list minus #5 and #9.

I'd like to see a stick figure family of 6 on a mini Cooper.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post

1. Stick figure families
5. Salt Life stickers

Did I miss anything?
LMFAOOO at 6, how white trash can you be!! I see it all the time!

Dont forget "NYRICAN" or "mi orgullo" stickers from a 1989 honda accord slammed to the ground bumping raggaeton with 3 panels primered lol

stopping at the SECOND CROSSWALK line on a red light as opposed to the first solid white stop line

also add, hit and run accidents and no insurance!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
LMFAOOO at 6, how white trash can you be!! I see it all the time!

Dont forget "NYRICAN" or "mi orgullo" stickers from a 1989 honda accord slammed to the ground bumping raggaeton with 3 panels primered lol
I worked with someone years ago who got a ticket for sticking his foot out the window while driving.

I love the 'match box' cars that sound like they're using a lawn more engine as they drive down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: