Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times

Advertisements

My only thought on this is that if this is all you have to complain about, LIFE IS GOOD! Take a step back, relax, and know that in 45 days this heat and humidity will break and we will be living in the best City in America (my opinion only)!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 AM

296 posts, read 657,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Just slow down and obey the traffic laws and you'll be much happier. I've never seen someone so stressed over traffic stuff.
^ This

Old 08-23-2013, 06:52 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
There are a couple of lights Dale Mabry/Columbus comes to mind that are unbelievably long and dont seem to be synchronized or have sensors, but most other lights I notice do have sensors, the ones i hit on my way to the airport do because often I am on the road by myself at 4am and I can tell they have the sensors. I also think the red light cameras are straight up extortion and a money grab. Lately I noticed something that annoys me more and more every time, clerks that call me "bud" I don't know why, must be a southern thing, I am sure I had the same interactions since I moved here it didn't bother me before or i didn't notice it.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Live in the northern half of Pinellas instead. We much prefer it here. But that is what works for us.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Tampa sucks because it's so decentralized and the planning is so disordered it's mind boggling how this city has survived.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Tampa sucks because it's so decentralized and the planning is so disordered it's mind boggling how this city has survived.
DT Tampa appears to be....for the most part....a place where a small percentage of the overall Tampa Bay population works. It is more of a daytime spot, not as much of a place where the majority of people actually want to live. There are so many other better places to "live" in the area than DT Tamps IMO, thus the spreadoutness. I do not look at it as a negative. I look at it as a huge positive. Sure, DT Tampa needs improvements and the Mayor is doing a great job so far. However, the Tampa Bay area has just so much to offer for so many people that not everyone wants to be in DT Tampa. It's not NYC here, thank God. There are just so many special and unique places here with their own textures and flavors and as a result people flock to what works for them. I am so grateful that there are so many different places within the Tampa Bay area.

The problem is that some people want to compare the Tampa Bay area to other places and then say it is lacking. That is just the wrong way to go about it. The Tampa Bay area is unique and special in its own way and IMO it should be appreciated for what it is, not shot down because it is not the congested, polluted, fast paced, uncaring, ugly, concrete jungle of NYC.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:35 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
DT Tampa appears to be....for the most part....a place where a small percentage of the overall Tampa Bay population works. It is more of a daytime spot, not as much of a place where the majority of people actually want to live. There are so many other better places to "live" in the area than DT Tamps IMO, thus the spreadoutness. I do not look at it as a negative. I look at it as a huge positive. Sure, DT Tampa needs improvements and the Mayor is doing a great job so far. However, the Tampa Bay area has just so much to offer for so many people that not everyone wants to be in DT Tampa. It's not NYC here, thank God. There are just so many special and unique places here with their own textures and flavors and as a result people flock to what works for them. I am so grateful that there are so many different places within the Tampa Bay area.

The problem is that some people want to compare the Tampa Bay area to other places and then say it is lacking. That is just the wrong way to go about it. The Tampa Bay area is unique and special in its own way and IMO it should be appreciated for what it is, not shot down because it is not the congested, polluted, fast paced, uncaring, ugly, concrete jungle of NYC.
Would it be possible to make your point without putting NYC down.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Would it be possible to make your point without putting NYC down.
Sure. I could have used LA, Chicago, DC instead. Please insert whatever one you prefer.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 AM

184 posts, read 328,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
My only thought on this is that if this is all you have to complain about, LIFE IS GOOD! Take a step back, relax, and know that in 45 days this heat and humidity will break and we will be living in the best City in America (my opinion only)!
Here here, anywhere you live is what you make of it.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
I guess Tampa is the wrong port for you , The Flying Dutchman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay