Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 PM

484 posts, read 761,602 times

Advertisements

I am partial to Macy's Furniture on Gandy. Kane's has always seemed dark to me, and a bit crowded. I haven't been in to one very recently though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
We like Ashley's Furniture the best and online stores.
Much better, and complete deals online + free shipping.

RTG is horrible. They sell everything in pieces, like beds...they don't sell the whole thing, they make you pay extra for bunkie boards etc...ridiculous. They are very overpriced, and so is Hudson's. We never been to Kane's, but like I was saying Ashley has nice good quality stuff, and their warehouse is in Brandon, so you can pick up your stuff and avoid shipping all together. Our couches are 10 years old and they still look great; got them at Ashley's in 2003.
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
We found Ashley Furniture ti be very nice and durable. I don't like how Rooms To Go sells beds with the bunkie boards to screw ppl our of more money. You can't go wrong with Ashley and they also have the Rent A Center so if you don't like it don't want it etc you can return it wihtin a specified amount of time. Or if you just don't want ro drop 1k or more at once. We found it convenient and always paid before the 90 thing so didn't incur any interest.
Interesting that you both have the same views on furniture

Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 AM

641 posts, read 1,021,187 times
anyone tried overstock for furniture? been thinking about it but I dont trust it lol

Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
I am partial to Macy's Furniture on Gandy. Kane's has always seemed dark to me, and a bit crowded. I haven't been in to one very recently though.
I didn't think about them, and they are just a few blocks from where we currently live.

I may stop in for a peek later this afternoon.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:07 AM

145 posts, read 229,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Would like some input from the board on experiences with Kane's Furniture?

We close on our home this coming Wednesday (first timer!) and went shopping around today to get ideas of what is out there and pricing. Stopped at Hudson's, Haverty's, American Signature, and Kane's.

Kane's seem to have near the same selection but A LOT better pricing. They are also supposed to have an even better Labor Day sale starting Thursday...and we have our eye on a bedroom and living room suite.

Thoughts?

Kanes is great! I bought a $600 dinette set in March 2013 and then $6,900 living room and 2 bedroom sets 3 weeks ago for my condo. Top quality stuff. RTG did not impress us and Ashly just was not there for quality unless you bump up several levels $$$. One thing to note. We paid $150 delivery (120 plus add 30 if you want it the next day or two). One item was a floor piece (tv console) in the store. When you buy store items you have to arrange delivery yourself. They give you phone numbers to local delivery men and it went off without a hitch. Cost was $70 and his name was Chris.

Oh yeah. I had a small scratch on the headboard of 1 bedroom set. Kane's had a person there the next morning and it is perfect now. I highly suggest using Kanes!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
Macys seems overpriced, imo - even that clearance place on Gandy.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
anyone tried overstock for furniture? been thinking about it but I dont trust it lol
i've picked up a couple of carpets from them - have been satisfied.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
don't like their goods.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Two wonderful consignment furniture stores are The Missing Piece and The Room Exchange. Both have quality lightly used furniture at great pricing. My condo is furnished entirely by these two stores except for my mattress. That was new.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Received couple of broken (well packaged but broken inside the package) pieces of furniture from them (night stand, medicine cabinet).
I also ordered a large 100% wool rug about 2 years ago from the overstock and I hate it every single day... it shreds like crazy despite extreem vacuuming every other day for 2 years now!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay