Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 AM

210 posts, read 576,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
Yeah, that's exactly who we need to emulate: a city with the fiscal responsibility of Chicago.

https://www.moodys.com/research/Mood...ion--PR_278069
Yea but they have fair wage jobs, entertainment, a vibrant waterfront and a good Pizza. Tell me this, why is auto insurance more expensive here, why is Pizza more expensive, Why is my cable bill the same price, Hmm the only thing that I find that is a bargain are cigarettes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
Maybe you should quit typing and leave your basement just once to visit downtown St Pete. It is packed with locals and visitors every day of the week, and many more at night. You obviously have not been there in years and you haven't read a newspaper in that time, either. Downtown St Pete is getting a new bar or restaurant EVERY WEEK. Tampa wishes their downtown was as hot as St Pete's is.

St Pete doesn't need a money-losing farce like a pier. If it's such a great idea, maybe Tampa should build one. Now THAT downtown is a desolate desert.
I never found down town St Pete- and at night I do not like mazes- be dangerous for a single female dont you think? One day Ill go see what they have done. I have been to Vinoy- the Trop and up and down 275 and some stores on 19/ Tyrone etc. I never saw anything where is the activity-- streets names etc? Maybe I'll drive down- I moved back to Tampa, and work 2 jobs so not that much time avail-- so not in the basement.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I never found down town St Pete- and at night I do not like mazes- be dangerous for a single female dont you think? One day Ill go see what they have done. I have been to Vinoy- the Trop and up and down 275 and some stores on 19/ Tyrone etc. I never saw anything where is the activity-- streets names etc? Maybe I'll drive down- I moved back to Tampa, and work 2 jobs so not that much time avail-- so not in the basement.
Most of it is on Beach Drive and also Central. It also depends what day of the week or time of day you go, don't expect to see much on Sundays. I think you would love Beach Drive. We go up and eat outdoors at one of the many nice restaurants there and people-watch. It's a great ambiance facing the parks and waterfront, and feels a little bit European. We particularly like "Park Shore Grill."

Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 PM

554 posts, read 977,224 times
I worked in downtown St. Pete for a year. Downtown was always hopping. Filled with tourist, collage kids and people that worked downtown. At night, the bars fill up and there is stuff going on every night. We also used to go to the waterfront parks in the evening, always a lot of people walking / biking /jogging around the water front. I would like to see something replace the pier. Wasn't a fan of the Lens but I think some kind of centerpiece on the waterfront would be a nice addition.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
OHH you call that DT St Pete--It reminds me of Hollywood FL by A1A or Las Olas- Ft Lauderdale -but mini. I have been all over near the pier, but never at night. I would not know where to park there, I always have parked near the wedding house boat... but I will go Monday depending on weather or when it gets cooler n see what is what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay