U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 AM
 
Location: South Tampa
1,163 posts, read 1,993,814 times
Reputation: 1063

Advertisements

Man, to some people on this forum...everywhere is "gangland" or "filled with thugs". I have seen people say these things about Palmetto, Ellenton, Dover, Seffner, and now Gibsonton. While they aren't near as pretty as other places in the Tampa Bay area nor have the amenities and "touches" that other places have...some of you go a little too far.

I drive through these areas multiple times every single week (all of them) and I just see slower paced living, more low income population, and less cleaner areas. From posts on here, you'd think you were in Harlem!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Tampa
444 posts, read 532,034 times
Reputation: 572
It's not thug land but it's definitely a low rent, low class area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,693,242 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
lol you can say the same from ANY neighborhood in Tampa or country for that matter... Im sure those people hiding behind those fancy gated communities have more problems (drug and otherwise) than you could imagine (ever watch american greed). At least in Gibtown they know what they are not trying to be somebody they are not.
No you can't.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,693,242 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
It's not thug land but it's definitely a low rent, low class area.
Gibsonton is a target of jokes by a lot of the local radio talking heads - hasn't really lost that label. But after my first time shopping there, I could really see what they were talking about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 5,342,522 times
Reputation: 4368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
lol you can say the same from ANY neighborhood in Tampa or country for that matter... Im sure those people hiding behind those fancy gated communities have more problems (drug and otherwise) than you could imagine (ever watch american greed). At least in Gibtown they know what they are not trying to be somebody they are not.
No you can't. That is what those in GibTown would like to think to make themselves fell better about not having any ambition for the better!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,693,242 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
you people are NUTS! like there is not any CRIME going on in those gated communities.

So you're telling me that the crime statistics indicating where crime is occurring are incorrect/inaccurate? No one posted that crime doesn't occur in any special neighborhood, but I'm posting that there are areas where crime is higher and sometimes epidemic in some areas. I don't think you can argue that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 07:56 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 5,342,522 times
Reputation: 4368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
So you're telling me that the crime statistics indicating where crime is occurring are incorrect/inaccurate? No one posted that crime doesn't occur in any special neighborhood, but I'm posting that there are areas where crime is higher and sometimes epidemic in some areas. I don't think you can argue that.

Don't bother BucFan...they have to make themselves feel better about their choices some how; bashing decent people seems like a popular choice...let them wallow in their own empty brains...they don't know any better! We do..."Unsubscribed from this thread"!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Tampa
444 posts, read 532,034 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
So you're telling me that the crime statistics indicating where crime is occurring are incorrect/inaccurate? No one posted that crime doesn't occur in any special neighborhood, but I'm posting that there are areas where crime is higher and sometimes epidemic in some areas. I don't think you can argue that.
Don't feed the (obvious) troll.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,693,242 times
Reputation: 14611
Word salad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Lincoln County Road or Armageddon
4,418 posts, read 6,576,745 times
Reputation: 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Man, to some people on this forum...everywhere is "gangland" or "filled with thugs". I have seen people say these things about Palmetto, Ellenton, Dover, Seffner, and now Gibsonton. While they aren't near as pretty as other places in the Tampa Bay area nor have the amenities and "touches" that other places have...some of you go a little too far.

I drive through these areas multiple times every single week (all of them) and I just see slower paced living, more low income population, and less cleaner areas. From posts on here, you'd think you were in Harlem!
I agree. Some of the postings about the "dangers" of St. Pete border on hysterical and 99% of them are written by people who don't live anywhere near St. Pete.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:43 PM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top