Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:08 PM

443 posts, read 558,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Yes welcome from yet another former DC area'er I visited DC for Labor Day and the first spot I hit was my favorite Peruvian restaurant Pollo Inka in Herndon, VA. Umph, Umph, GOOOD! There is a family from the DC area that opened a Peruvian restaurant called Cuenelli's on Hillsborough in Tampa. I tried it once when they were in Riverview and it was pretty good. Not as good as the DMV but it'll do. Check em out.
I've heard about Cuenelli's and really need to check it out. Thanks for the reminder.

In NoVA, I was always a Crisp and Juicy man m'self. God I miss that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,962 times
Loved Crisp and Juicy! That place was awesome. Used to eat there all the time.

No chicken like that here.

The weird thing is, why? You would think there'd be more Peruvians here than in Falls Church.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:28 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
Loved Crisp and Juicy! That place was awesome. Used to eat there all the time.

No chicken like that here.

The weird thing is, why? You would think there'd be more Peruvians here than in Falls Church.
Northern Virginia is the second biggest population center for Peruvians even bigger than Miami, northern New Jersey is the biggest. Cuenellis and norkeys are pretty good options we are a lot better off than Miami and Orlando that don't have a decent chicken spot.
I forgot to mention the refinery.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:18 PM

51 posts, read 89,894 times
Yeah, I like Peruvian chicken, too, but not a huge deal for me to be far from.

Edison Food Lab sounds amazing (mainly for special occasions). I also like Nitally's in St Pete for Thai/Mexican/etc fusion. I have yet to try Ceviche on Beach Dr. to satisfy my Spanish tapas and sangria cravings.

Those are the kinds of places I'm interested in...not so much steak houses and chains. Many thanks for the suggestions so far!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Castillo's cafe for Cuban food on Armenia. They make a ham for Thanksgiving to die for
La Teresita for Cuban food
Miguel's for Mexican although there is a little place on Armenia that is traditional mexican.
Colonnade for seafood
Moxie's on Kennedy or Benjamin for sandwiches that are huge and different, served with coleslaw on them.
CDB for pizza or Italian.
Ivaronne's for steak
Papas for greek

Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
There's at least 3 Peruvian restaurants that I know of in this area.
This one is not Peruvian, but Bolivian...Do you know the difference?

Pico Rojo Rotisserie - Safety Harbor - Clearwater, FL

Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Keeper>> I wish I could remember the good restaurants from other places I have lived, like you do....My memory is not that good!

My fav for cuban food here is Arco Iris -Columbus st also know as Boliche Blvd

For any type of sand, but specially for a cuban sand West Tampa Sandwich, on N. Armenia st.

For Sea Food and a fun place- Rusty Bellies in Tarpon Springs

For Greek food- Marathon Grille in Palm Harbor

These are all very local businesses , not tourist oriented.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
There's at least 3 Peruvian restaurants that I know of in this area.
This one is not Peruvian, but Bolivian...Do you know the difference?

Pico Rojo Rotisserie - Safety Harbor - Clearwater, FL
Peruvian chicken has a heavy cumin flavor, while the bolivian type has a stronger panca pepper flavor but still soy sauce based. In general Bolivian food is very similar to Andean Peruvian food which is different than the coastal region based food you would find in a peruvian restaurant.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
Better than Bern's if you want a good steak - ~ Charley's Steak House ~ Aged Steak. Market Fresh Fish. Fine Wines.

Also a big fan of - Ocean Prime Tampa | Steakhouse Seafood Restaurant | Best Piano Bar

Welcome from another former DC'er. I miss good peruvian chicken joints.
Paracas

Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,636 times
Love La Teresita for Cuban! Cigar City's new brewpub on Dale Mabry also has a good Cuban sandwich.

Other Bay area restaurants I love:

Moon Under Water - St Pete - good for British nosh and curries
Cilantros on SR56 - Temple Terrace - Indian
Saffron's - New Tampa - Indian
Tampa Bay Brewing Company - Ybor - they have a varied menu but I LOVE their Shepherds Pie
Mad Dogs & Englishmen - South Tampa - British food
Grillsmith - local chain - modern interpretations of classic American food. I love many items on their menu!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay