U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM

6,337 posts, read 4,573,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Once again folks, the address posted was for V.M Ybor, not Ybor City commercial district. It's a terrible place to live. I hope she reads my earlier post on it!!!
Right so south of I-4 would be the historic Ybor district, north of i-4 is VM Ybor, I guess technically to 26th ave, most people would call Ybor to about Columbus maybe a block or 2 north of it, to me 23rd ave is College Hills.
If you want to rent in one of the upscale townhouses or apartments built during the boom then yes they go upwards of 1k, but there is plenty rentals on private homes that go for under $600. This is the historic Ybor district I am talking about.
To the OP, other than a bus line that runs along Nebraska that doesnt put you anywhere near the city or employment centers, I would describe that area as suburban geto, some run down groceries stores, a few gas stations, churches, tire/rim shops and weekly rate motels thats about all the amenities you are looking at. I think you are going to have a hard time finding something that is central to everything riding public transportation, Tampa is so spread out and the public transportation so limited. You really need to know where you are working at and go from there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:09 AM

47 posts, read 83,470 times
I also have a Temple Teracce option and Waters Ave.How far from Tampa Bussines District are those areas ? How far from the beaches ? how about the driving ? I drive ok in the city as long as i get used to the area .I dont like Interstate that much.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:21 AM

663 posts, read 1,088,078 times
Quote:
Once again folks, the address posted was for V.M Ybor, not Ybor City commercial district. It's a terrible place to live. I hope she reads my earlier post on it!!!
I know. I agree. The address she/he gave is a horrible area, but I thought if Ybor was the area they were interested in, I would give a little insight to the area.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:26 AM

25,869 posts, read 16,919,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana10 View Post
I also have a Temple Teracce option and Waters Ave.How far from Tampa Bussines District are those areas ? How far from the beaches ? how about the driving ? I drive ok in the city as long as i get used to the area .I dont like Interstate that much.
Too far in my book. Try south Tampa.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM

47 posts, read 83,470 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
I know. I agree. The address she/he gave is a horrible area, but I thought if Ybor was the area they were interested in, I would give a little insight to the area.
Yes...Ybor area is what i am interested in .

Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 15,295,675 times
For the same reason a small apartment in a 1880s building in Greenwich Village, NYC is thousands.
Uniqueness, one of a kind, historical, desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
How come living there is so expensive? The rents I've seen are outrageous! Like over 1000 for a 1 bedroom. Of course I'm not talking about the outskirts.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 30,632,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana10 View Post
Does anyone know if this adress is pretty safe or is really bad to live ?? 911 E 23rd Ave | Tampa, FL 33605...its suposse to be Ybor City area.I m not the chicken type,but just kind of checking a bit.I found a studio in that area.
http://spotcrime.com/

http://spotcrime.com/#%20911%20E%202...C%20FL%2033605
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: