Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times

Advertisements

This IS because these new generations of "fauxtofraphers" have no business sense! The rest of us are being taken advantage off because of them.

Stop calling me names or I will report your post to YAC!

I am a paying customer and this so called "business" is taking advantage of me.
IF I go during business hours I will bring diffusers & reflectors and a light, and even though I am there with my family, I will make it look like a commercial shoot because I am not in the business of taking bad photos if my kids, or family members.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,389,100 times
Dude. Chill.

You are completely wrong and I think we're all in agreement here. No business has to set its hours to satisfy your photographic needs. Most botanical gardens close at 5 or 6. Because, guess what, members of the public aren't that interested in dimly lit flowers. They couldn't care less about the golden hour (which, at least in my neck of the woods, is between 4 and 5 for several months a year anyway, so you'd get your light, if not your sunset). They want brilliant flowers in harsh light for their iPhone pix so they can post on Instagram ASAP.

THOSE are the members of the public that gardens care about. The vast majority of visitors. Paying visitors. Who become "friends of the garden" and return again and again for the tea parties and other events.

Not your little prima donna self. You're "not in the business of taking bad photos if [sic] my kids, or family members"? Really? So your poor family has to pose, nonstop, while you get the perfect shot, complete with diffusers and lights and tripods? What fun you must be on an outing!!

Sheesh.

I go to Longwood Gardens regularly, where the same restrictions apply (though you can get a special pass for a tripod). I manage, really I do. The fact that a sunset has never figured into my compositions at Longwood has not made me suicidal, or enraged. I dunno, maybe you could look for other shots? Or, here's a thought: ENJOY THE TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY AND PUT DOWN THE CAMERA?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
I said IF.....I was going to go in the middle of the day...which I am not, because I am not going. Assuming is rude, and just means you're making an ass out of you and me...ever heard that? I did not say that I take out my equipment every time we go out...maybe you should read a post before replying, or attempt to understand that this goes both ways. I am a customer, and I am not sure why you would think that as a customer I should be extorted out of extra money over a false policy no less. That policy should be rephrased and directed at ad agencies, and wedding planners...because those are the folks who book venues for events. But if you knew that, you wouldn't be so quick to judge. Next time you get married, why don't you ask your photographer to book your venue for you, and see what he/she says!!!! then ask your wedding planner and see if they're a bit offended that you'd ask a photographer, and not the person in charge of your event!

(Sam's club is gouging prices too...3 weeks ago I paid $9:25 for Colby Jack Cheese, 2 weeks ago, I paid at the same store for the same cheese $10:39...and last week I paid $9:29. That my friend is gouging. The Sams club that's closest to us is doing this on every item they sell, and because I shop there often I actually pay a different amount for the same food every time I go without any justification what so ever. Publix has raised the prices to the bread to $2:99 for no apparent reason; I am not sure why you think it is OK for these companies to play these games with the prices; I don't see employers do this with our salaries; my salary doesn't go up to match the prices that are being bumped up for no reason. Is your employer going to Publix, notices the price increase, and at your next paycheck gives you an extra $1? then takes the extra $1 back after the store lowers the price again? Look, We lived in Florida/Miami our whole lives, and I can tell you this, before this real estate market crash, no one was doing this. We buy the same things every time we shop, we're not into trying new foods...TJ type people, and so there is no way I won't notice a price change when I "just" bought that item at a higher price the week before. As a customer I believe I am being ripped off when companies take these kinds of liberties. This is not Capitalism, this is Abusive Capitalism. These companies are the ones who "entitle" themselves to our hard earned money!)

Old 09-17-2013, 05:10 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Closing this for Mod's review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: