Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 04:12 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times

Advertisements

Management?? Okay, Good Luck with that. It has nothing to do with slow folks, this thread is about Low Income Households?

Do you people actually think that everyone is out to make a 6 figure income on a five year plan? There are a TON of people that enjoy doing what they do regardless of the money it brings in. They adjust accordingly and live their lives based on what they get.

Anytime you categorize people you may as well raise your hand and say 'I AM WRONG'.

Last edited by gulfer; 09-22-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 04:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Management?? With that great attitude and how you treat everyone so well? Good Luck with that. It has nothing to do with slow folks, this thread is about Low Income Households?

Do you people actually think that everyone is out to make a 6 figure income on a five year plan? There are a TON of people that enjoy doing what they do regardless of the money it brings in. They adjust accordingly and live their lives based on what they get.

Anytime you categorize people you may as well raise your hand and say 'I AM WRONG'.
Money is overrated. Happiness is what it is all about. I gave up the rat race a LONG time ago and it was the best decision I ever made. Now my income has gone to zero due to health issues and I am still happier than when I was chasing the buck. Time and enjoyment trump chasing gold every day of the week.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I hear ya Prius. For some $$ are the most important thing in life. Life is too short for that. I am glad I found that out at age 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Money is overrated. Happiness is what it is all about. I gave up the rat race a LONG time ago and it was the best decision I ever made. Now my income has gone to zero due to health issues and I am still happier than when I was chasing the buck. Time and enjoyment trump chasing gold every day of the week.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:37 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
I agree.

I moved here for a better quality of life. A nice promotion and a significant salary increase made it possible, but wasn't the primary motivation for doing it. I saw an opportunity to put my family in a much better situation all the way around. One of my relatives selfishly told me "there is more to life than money" in response to me breaking the news about making the move to Florida. However, that person has since changed their tune after seeing the big picture.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 PM

484 posts, read 760,831 times
I have no 5 year plan, I weep every night due to being such a loser. The term just makes me think of colossally unimaginative employment interviewers.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Even in that big city uo north, things are tough.

Middle class in New York City struggling with fewer options; most job growth in low-paying industries - NY Daily News

Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Nice job justifying laziness! Typical of City Data! 25 years ago I was in school! LOL
It must really irk you that others are not complacent enough to be satisfied with the same employment that brings nothing new to the table! It's good that we will be heading back to Miami where the world hasn't stopped spinning!

Hey, if money is so overrated, how come those homeless in South Tampa aren't happy?

Old 09-22-2013, 05:51 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
....Yes! And that is specifically because of low wages! Low wages can't buy much these days. Wages are not addressed with inflation. The inflation grows, wages don't.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Hey, if money is so overrated, how come those homeless in South Tampa aren't happy?
How come some who claim they have money always seem miserable time after time?

It's because their focus is on the wrong things in life.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I honestly believe money doesn't make a miserable person happy...but it can make a basically happy well adjusted person happier!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay