Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Just asking what the purpose of the posting was. Did you notice the "?" ?.

Was it posted to inform the local populace? Was it posted to inform the world that this is what happens in FL and it is unique? This same information is/has been on the local news and certainly will appear in tomorrows newspapers. Why it appeared here makes me wonder what the intent was.

I will answer your question: "that "because" it happens elsewhere then it should be OK to happen here? Right?"

No, not right. I certainly don't believe it should happen anywhere. Texting, cell phone usage, usage of any distracting device should be banned nationwide. Worldwide for that matter.

What on earth does people from NY and NJ have to do with it? Why do you believe that they do not abide by rules?
It is somewhat unique since it's illegal in most states. You made this into a Florida thing and my link will back it up. How's that, Jack?

State Texting Laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
I thought you were going to bed? I didnt make it a FL thing dude. I simply asked a question regarding your post, but instead of a simple response you choose a different route. My weekend guests are arriving. Time to put the coffee on. You seem to be very quick to swipe at people instead of engaging in discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
It is somewhat unique since it's illegal in most states. You made this into a Florida thing and my link will back it up. How's that, Jack?

State Texting Laws

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-21-2013 at 03:06 AM..

Old 09-20-2013, 10:34 PM

Ahh, but you did. See post #2 and #5. I wasn't going to bed, just leaving nonsensical post.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:55 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
This happened in Hillsborough County. I hope she loses her job. She won't even get the $35 ticket because the new law hasn't taken effect.

School Bus Driver Suspended After Cellphone Video Shows Her Texting | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo

Did anyone read the link by chance? It actually says bus drivers will be exempt from the new law....someone explain how that makes ANY sense.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I hope she got fired ASAP and no pension. I wouldn't like to have my kid on the bus and I see many school bus drivers who I have a hard time catching up with since hey have no clue what the speed limit is.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
Did anyone read the link by chance? It actually says bus drivers will be exempt from the new law....someone explain how that makes ANY sense.
Yes, that left me scratching my head. I hope that was printed in error, but knowing our wacky lawmakers it probably wasn't.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
18 states and D.C. prohibit school bus drivers from any hand held cell phone use and driving. Three states restrict texting and driving by bus drivers.

One of the problems with the law is that it will be a secondary offense and practically unenforceable. Local municipalities will be prohibited from making it a primary offense within their communities. Thanks for nothin' Tallahassee.

State Distracted Driving Driving Laws

Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,892,327 times
I read that in the links.
School bus drivers are exempt from texting....it doesn't make sense at all! They, of all people should be the ones covered.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
When they get paid $10 a hour what do ya expect. They need something that will jam any kind of cell phone while moving on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay