Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 02:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
He sure knows more than my 50 years experience.
To be fair some people like living in what i consider sauna bath conditions Prius seems to be one such, personally i'm dreading my trip to the Tampa area this coming weekend as i dont tolerate heat at all , in fact i'm really looking forward to winter in Montreal,to date the leaves are all starting to change colors and frost warnings are starting to be in the area.
From my perspective Tampa area summer starts in March and sometimes ends in December
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 04:02 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
With any luck this weekend will be a hair cooler with less humidity.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:45 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrkr View Post
Damn, I can't believe the whiners on this board. I'm just grateful for waking up and breathing in the morning. Anything more than that is a bonus and a blessing.

We made it through the roughest part o the year and now we reap the dividends. Folks, you need to relax and enjoy life and stop being so damn negative and fatalistic! Life is too short.

Reps to Prius for a positive post and outlook!!!! Good on ya' mate!
Thx.

The way I look at life is to always look for and appreciate the good things. Spending time on anything else is a waste.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
I'll take your weather any day this time of year, our low tonight is supposed to be 38! ALREADY!!!
YIKES!

I remember those days. We (when up north) had some mornings at 30 below zero actual temp in the winter.

Our lows will be the upper 60's to low 70's. I guess we will have a fall while you will have a crash..... LOL!

Weather in Palm Harbor - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 34683

Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 AM

We didn't have time last year, with the move and all, but I wonder if they have good fall festivals here. Maybe Dunedin or Safety Harbor.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
San Antonio rattle snake festival is coming up.
Rattlesnake Festival - San Antonio, Florida

Old 09-24-2013, 11:02 AM

484 posts, read 761,169 times
There is a clearwater jazz festival the weekend of oct 19th.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:50 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
To whom it may concern:

So here's the thing. There ARE seasonal changes in Florida, they are just much more subtle than what you call "real" fall. That's kind of insulting, btw. Our fall is just as real as any other, and if you open your eyes to those subtle seasonal changes and get in tune with them, you start to really appreciate Florida. Yes, I understand, you have all this emotional baggage tied to the word fall, all these expectations created by growing up in a temperate climate. Florida is a sub-tropical climate. The rules really are different here, and all the complaining in the world will not change it. Over the years, observing many transplants, I have seen that fall is when they tend to get homesick and cranky - usually not the first fall, but the 2nd or 3rd, after the thrill of the move has worn off a little. I really recommend that transplants take vacations up north in the fall to get their fix of the sights and sounds and the feel of the temperate fall that they miss. A lot of people choose to go for Thanksgiving but I think late October is probably better for most places? You work out the details. When you get back you can enjoy beautiful Florida winter. But after awhile, you might start to notice that Florida fall is also worth being enjoyed. Yes, it is not cool yet, but it doesn't feel quite so hellaciously hot - temperature and dewpoint have shifted a bit. We're in the home stretch now. Some migratory birds have arrived. Soon their human counterparts will show up. Pumpkin pie will still taste good even if you are wearing shorts.

Last edited by tilli; 09-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: fixing tenses, changed a little wording

Old 09-24-2013, 05:06 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
To whom it may concern:

So here's the thing. There ARE seasonal changes in Florida, they are just much more subtle than what you call "real" fall. That's kind of insulting, btw. Our fall is just as real as any other, and if you open your eyes to those subtle seasonal changes and get in tune with them, you start to really appreciate Florida. Yes, I understand, you have all this emotional baggage tied to the word fall, all these expectations created by growing up in a temperate climate. Florida is a sub-tropical climate. The rules really are different here, and all the complaining in the world will not change it. Over the years, observing many transplants, I have seen that fall is when they tend to get homesick and cranky - usually not the first fall, but the 2nd or 3rd, after the thrill of the move has worn off a little. I really recommend that transplants take vacations up north in the fall to get their fix of the sights and sounds and the feel of the temperate fall that they miss. A lot of people choose to go for Thanksgiving but I think late October is probably better for most places? You work out the details. When you get back you can enjoy beautiful Florida winter. But after awhile, you might start to notice that Florida fall is also worth being enjoyed. Yes, it is not cool yet, but it doesn't feel quite so hellaciously hot - temperature and dewpoint have shifted a bit. We're in the home stretch now. Some migratory birds have arrived. Soon their human counterparts will show up. Pumpkin pie will still taste good even if you are wearing shorts.
When i wake up to a low of 58 or colder then i will call it fall.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:16 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
Yes, good example, exactly what I was talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay