U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,613 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
about 4 months ago I got involved with a man Moderator cut: name removed. You see I work with an ebay store (we sell items for the publc and businesses on ebay) and one of our customers had and was still bringing in brand new laptops and desk top computers to list on ebay to sell for him. Well after selling of quite a few I got to talking to him and aparantly he had a connection with a man that had an account with HP. our customer was buying them for $300-$400 from Moderator cut: name removed and we were re selling them for him for a minimum of $800. To make a long story short, being that I wanted in on this venture I put down about an $11,000.00 deposit on what was supposed to secure and buy me roughly 200 laptops. Although it seemed to good to be true, who was I to argue considering he had delivered to the other guy for about 6 months prior and about 50 or so laptops.

Well 3 months later and after every excuse in the book he could give me I asked for my money back. There is no receipt of transaction. From doing further research and from talking to people that know him. It is apparent that this man is a con artist. He is a great talker, and he loves to threat and make up all kinds of stories, but the fact of the matter is that he is all talk. He says that he made 2 and a half million dollars last year. He says he owns 2 houses in Hawaii. The fact of the matter is that he owes quite a few people a substantial amount of money. He sets up fake business's and orders very large amounts of product and does not pay them back. (Hewlart Packard, Galls and quite a few local company's)

Well to top it all off he finally writes me a check for $5500.00 (partial the amount) and when I make the deposit it comes back as a closed account. Big surprise.
This man has been in jail before for I believe writing bad checks.

I have already taken this matter up with the state attorney and although he has 2 weeks to pay me back, I do not expect anything. This man is a con artist and a good one at that.

I was just looking for advice other than what the state attorney is giving me

Thank you

I

Last edited by Keeper; 11-18-2007 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: can't list the name..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay