U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,266,718 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any pharmacy or medical supplies shop that take United Healthcare Insurance and provide breast pump?

I called several of them and they say that the "medella" brand is out of stock.

Appreciate your responses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM

877 posts, read 1,798,425 times
Did you try to shop at St. Joseph's in S. Tampa?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:20 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,428,897 times
The tampa general hospital has a big lactation shop there, you can try there, i'd imagine they should carry it.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,268,552 times
When I needed one, I called my insurance company and they gave me few numbers for medical suppliers they work with. The only problem was I had to wait few weeks. I ended up going to St. Joseph's and renting Medela Simphony there. Call your insurance company and see if they are going to reimburse your rental expenses. I am not sure if tube and other personal parts are covered, if not it will be cheaper to buy online.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:33 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,266,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Call your insurance company and see if they are going to reimburse your rental expenses. I am not sure if tube and other personal parts are covered, if not it will be cheaper to buy online.
They won't reimburse rental equipment or even if I pay for my own. I suppose they are concerned about their bottom line..

I have decided to buy the breast pump at Target - they have a sale going on this week!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
They won't reimburse rental equipment or even if I pay for my own. I suppose they are concerned about their bottom line..

I have decided to buy the breast pump at Target - they have a sale going on this week!
Hospital grade pumps (ones most suppliers provide) is way better than whatever you can buy at the store. I mean you can buy hospital grade pump, but it costs over $900 compare to $200 Target Medela.
If you have no problems with your milk supply any pump including manual would work for you (manual is not as convenient as electric though and not that fast), but if your supply is low hospital grade pump is the only thing besides baby's mouth to get enough milk out of you.
In my case Medela pump In Style didn't work for me and I had almost three times more milk with hospital's Symphony. My insurance had the same problem - they were out of stock, so I went to the hospital and rented myself. Insurance promised to reimburse, but later refused. Whatever I paid for the rent was worth it anyways compare to In Style pump.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 AM

I exclusively pumped for 11 months. I rented the symphony for 3 months. I personally didnt notice any difference between symphony vs Medela PISA. Each person is different.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 AM

That's why I mentioned milk supply... In my case using In Style was a straight way to formula vs. Symphony to exclusive breast milk.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
That's why I mentioned milk supply... In my case using In Style was a straight way to formula vs. Symphony to exclusive breast milk.
Right but I did have supply issues and still noticed no difference between the two.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:59 PM

I guess "supply issues" could be different for everyone. I was getting 3 oz per session with In Style after 40 minutes of pumping vs. 6-8 oz per 15 minutes session with Symphony. I had both pump for the same period of time and had to use both sometimes (when the motor for Symphony broke and we had to replace it at the hospital the following morning I had to use In Style). That's why renting Symphony for me was a deal beaker and worth every penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: