U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,379 times

Advertisements

Hey there,

We're moving to Tampa soon and I'd love suggestions on neighborhoods that would appeal to young professionals with children. I'm not really interested in being too far from South Tampa, but can't afford Hyde Park, Davis Island, etc... Our price range is $300-500k. We have friends in South Tampa but family in Palm Harbor.

My ideal situation would be to build new construction... I've found options in Citrus Park (near Old Memorial Golf Course), Carrollwood, and downtown St. Pete. I am not at all familiar with any of those areas. Very familiar with Westchase and the Pinellas suburbs, as we have family there.

Between Carrollwood and Citrus Park, which would be more ideal for social, young professionals with a small child?

Appreciate any suggestions!! Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 AM

663 posts, read 1,088,164 times
Don't know how you feel about town homes, but they are starting to build a ton of them, just north of Kennedy, between Lois and Westshore. It's a pretty nice area and centrally located.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:37 AM

6,338 posts, read 4,574,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLtoTPA View Post
Hey there,

We're moving to Tampa soon and I'd love suggestions on neighborhoods that would appeal to young professionals with children. I'm not really interested in being too far from South Tampa, but can't afford Hyde Park, Davis Island, etc... Our price range is $300-500k. We have friends in South Tampa but family in Palm Harbor.

My ideal situation would be to build new construction... I've found options in Citrus Park (near Old Memorial Golf Course), Carrollwood, and downtown St. Pete. I am not at all familiar with any of those areas. Very familiar with Westchase and the Pinellas suburbs, as we have family there.

Between Carrollwood and Citrus Park, which would be more ideal for social, young professionals with a small child?

I would choose citrus park over most of carrolwood except old carrolwood which is really quaint and nice. It seems to me that in your price range you could find something in south Tampa, Palma ceia west, Virginia park, belmar shores are all neighborhoods that should be in that range, like the previous poster said the see north of Kennedy but south of Cass is up and coming, but i would b rather be between himes and Armenia and south of Cass that gives you a central location and south Tampa schools/social life

Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,784,373 times
You should be able to find a decent place at 3-500K... how big of a house were you needing? lol.

I suppose you could try north of Kennedy, south of 275, and west of Howard. I believe Plant district starts south of Cass St. but the selections are limited. However, you could score cheaper housing in a good area if you are lucky.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM

819 posts, read 1,284,573 times
There's some nice homes in that range in old Carrollwood (on the map in the areas surrounding Lake Carroll). I'm not sure about schools though so that might be an issue. There is a very wide price range, and therefore income range, on the communities situated off Armenia so the schools may not be so good if you're looking at public.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM

31,172 posts, read 17,657,961 times
oldsmar and north on racetrack

Old 01-13-2014, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,028 times
Have you purchased yet? Lennar is the top builder in the area for new construction and you have a huge savings for Electric Bills etc, and the homes are within your range! Its great starting point, before you purchase a higher end custom home.

Please allow me to help if you need anything.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM

819 posts, read 1,284,573 times
I'm not a fan of Lennar, unless you like neighborhoods full of homes that all look the same, typically constructed in a hurry and low to medium quality at best. I bought a Lennar build in Tampa Palms back in 2002 and it's had numerous issues, as have many of the other homes in the neighborhood, related to poor quality control/supervision and components. They also tend to only let you customize by way of what's in their book of options. As an example of this, and the lack of construction supervision, they wouldn't pre-wire for whole house A/V, ceiling speakers or allow me to add additional network cabling to all the rooms. I went to the house myself during construction on a day they were off and ran all the cabling I needed myself; it was a significant amount of cabling and no one ever said anything about it; the drywall guys even cut the holes for the boxes I added lol. I waited anxiously to get a call about hmm we noticed there's four more wall receptacles in every room and these weird cables running to all the ceilings, but it never came.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:40 AM

676 posts, read 1,205,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLtoTPA View Post
Hey there,

If you are looking in the South Shore, check out Mirabay in Apollo Beach where we live (we moved from Powder Springs late last year):

MiraBay by Newland Communities | Waterfront Living | New Homes for Sale | Tampa, FL

Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 PM

4 posts, read 5,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderSpringsDad View Post
If you are looking in the South Shore, check out Mirabay in Apollo Beach where we live (we moved from Powder Springs late last year):

MiraBay by Newland Communities | Waterfront Living | New Homes for Sale | Tampa, FL
Are they currently building in the community? Any idea how much the maintenace fees are?
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay