Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM

73 posts, read 143,520 times

Advertisements

Hello:I have a friend who is trying to buy a condominium inside this community of Hunters Green-- The Highlands Condominium residential. I just realized there are too many units for sale inside, and the price seems rather very low for the area, however, Hunters Green is a beautiful gated community, it seems very safe and the location in New Tampa is to die for. Is there anything wrong with those condos being priced so low? I know the hoa fee is high but regardless its still a beautiful community. I just check and there's almost like 24 units for sale. Does anybody have any experience living there? or have a friend, or have heard something wrong about these condos? can you please comment???Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM

819 posts, read 1,408,401 times
lol not sure about the area being to die for, especially if you have to drive somewhere down BBD during rush hour. I was pretty happy when I moved out of Tampa Palms a few years ago after paying the TPNOA fees, community fees, not being able to bring more than 10 or 15 guests per year to the club house before having to pay for them, dealing with the insane HOA rules like violations for garage doors being accidentally left open, sidewalk needs pressure washing, etc. Sorry I don't know about the condos specifically but I'd definitely ask around some of the neighbors in the area you're considering to see what their thoughts are, if they're even the owners of the units. Check Zillow too and see what things have been selling for and how long they've been on the market; the more that go on the market, the lower the prices are going to go.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:35 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,888 times
I must agree with you here.

I worked down the street (not anymore) and the area isn't anything to die for, traffic does suck on BBD during rush hour and such. It's to my understanding (speaking with people moving out of New Tampa) that the area is slowly declining (which is baffling considering the area is new-for the most part).

You may want to keep in mind that Hunters Green was once an apartment community-or as I recall it. They were not meant to be a condo-construction was never modified-only a few interiors were changed. Not many people want to invest in something like that, nor do I personally blame them.
I mean, who wants to buy a refurbished apartment?
But I believe that is why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
lol not sure about the area being to die for, especially if you have to drive somewhere down BBD during rush hour. I was pretty happy when I moved out of Tampa Palms a few years ago after paying the TPNOA fees, community fees, not being able to bring more than 10 or 15 guests per year to the club house before having to pay for them, dealing with the insane HOA rules like violations for garage doors being accidentally left open, sidewalk needs pressure washing, etc. Sorry I don't know about the condos specifically but I'd definitely ask around some of the neighbors in the area you're considering to see what their thoughts are, if they're even the owners of the units. Check Zillow too and see what things have been selling for and how long they've been on the market; the more that go on the market, the lower the prices are going to go.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:21 AM

7 posts, read 29,181 times
I lived at the Highlands in 1993-94, when it was an apartment complex. Every time it rained water dripped down into one bedroom and two closets, and my unit was on the ground floor.

Mquintana is right -- the place wasn't designed as condos.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 9,596 times
Mold throughot the condos.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:54 PM

38 posts, read 69,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIGO1969 View Post
Mold throughot the condos.
yes the place had (has ) mold , it was not built properly

Old 09-27-2014, 06:28 AM

356 posts, read 302,326 times
I too lived there when they were apartments. The surrounding areas were not yet built up, so it was pretty quiet and not congested, traffic wise. But, now, going all the way back there, too much traffic. Not sure about the mold issue though. But I would not move back there.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:52 AM

265 posts, read 402,169 times
I don't know anything about any alleged mold issues, or anything about this complex specifically, but it looks like others have already pointed out the obvious reason why that location is *not* to die for: Bruce B Downs sucks. If you have to go anywhere during either rush hour time of day, then God help you. I absolutely hate life every time I have to go up BBD north of Bearss, whether for a doctor's office or a store that only exists up there... I pretty much plan on it taking a long time. And there are no real alternative roads because of the surrounding wetlands.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 8,010 times
Defenately mold issues, structural issues, water damage, I used to own 2 condos in there. Stay away that is why HOA fee is so high, plus they have a lawsuit going on against developer.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM

389 posts, read 804,359 times
wow, this thread is actually quite timely, I was considering purchasing a condo in there. Such a nice area of town and the price at $50/sq ft seems hard to beat. I mean 2BR/2BA 1300sq ft for $50-$60k.

The HOA is ridiculous though at $400 per month, I was thinking maybe that's why there are so many for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay