Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:26 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

The fact of the matter is that the chance of getting a deadly disease is much greater than having a problem from the vaccine for it.

Why respond to a post if you don't feel it is a appropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
My oldest daughter died as a result of the DTP shot. It caused her brain to swell and gave her seizures that came and went for the rest of her 8 years, until her body was too tired to handle it anymore and she gave up. She never learned to speak or feed herself or walk.

They pulled that shot because of many similar reactions. It is now the DTaP, which is apparently less reactive.

Obviously none of my other children have been vaccinated for anything. I can't risk it. Since not everyone reacts to vaccines poorly, there may be something genetic that predisposes my family. I have mixed feelings on the topic, but something I do not like is that there are real risks, just as there are for any medication or procedure, and people are villainized for even asking questions.

So, having said that, I can't see why this particular debate belongs on this forum. Can we stop now?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:47 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The fact of the matter is that the chance of getting a deadly disease is much greater than having a problem from the vaccine for it.

Why respond to a post if you don't feel it is a appropriate?***
Depends on the disease you're talking about and the risks and benefits of that particular vaccine. Many of the things we vaccinate for are not deadly and the risk in getting the disease is not higher. In other cases (Polio perhaps), the risk of getting the disease and suffering because of it may indeed be greater.

***Because I'm tired of seeing this thread come up to the top of the forum and knowing what's in it. To most people it's an abstract argument. To me it's very real. I don't go to forums where similar debates happen for a reason. And I don't like seeing people making blanket statements about how all vaccines are good all the time for everyone. I typically say nothing. Today it's getting to me. So I said something. It's not had anything to do with Tampa Bay for quite a while now. I don't know why it hasn't been locked or moved.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay