Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:42 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times

Advertisements

It should open close to the end of 2014!

Great for the area and for people looking for jobs and the housing market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,448,341 times
Where you hear this Bentlebee? I do hope you are correct and I do hope they figure out how to fix traffic leading up to the Grand Opening!!!

Old 11-07-2013, 01:26 AM

693 posts, read 1,131,986 times
Sounds great! More places for my wife and daughters to spend my money, lol.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,762,088 times
They are truly will be killing SR 56 with all this traffic and create another "Brandon" traffic situation. Last night I read about sport complex is going to be build on Porter's land kind of behind Wiregrass mall, and now mall outlet. SR 56 will be a parking lot sooner than later...

Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,448,341 times
There is a proposal out there to run an elevated Route from Wesley Chapel to Veterans Expressway. All private funds. If that is the location that was chosen, and the New Pasco Community College opening within the next year, and the planned Baseball Complex .... I sure hope this Elevated Route goes in.

Southern Pasco County is quickly becoming the expansion center of Tampa. With all the room North of us, it could end up being a nice Alternative.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:27 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,577,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It should open close to the end of 2014!

Great for the area and for people looking for jobs and the housing market
Wait a minute, what about WireGrass? or are you talking about that empty space that they started building on and then stopped right before you hit 75??? It's an eye sore for sure. I'd be glad to finally see something built there...

By the way: any investors in here? Can anyone turn that former Staples in Carrollwood into a skating rink for kids? there is nothing fun in Carrollwood to do aside from Gator Freds which is sort of ehh...

Or can anyone put up a Color Me Mine up here? I would love to put one up but don't have that kind of money...there are no arts/creative stuff up here aside from this http://www.carrollwoodcenter.org/ser...r-art-by-kids/ which never seems to have openings...and is expensive as heck too...

Old 11-07-2013, 08:41 AM

670 posts, read 1,270,671 times
I wish they'd go ahead and give us our mall in Riverview!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,762,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
There is a proposal out there to run an elevated Route from Wesley Chapel to Veterans Expressway. All private funds. If that is the location that was chosen, and the New Pasco Community College opening within the next year, and the planned Baseball Complex .... I sure hope this Elevated Route goes in.

Southern Pasco County is quickly becoming the expansion center of Tampa. With all the room North of us, it could end up being a nice Alternative.
I was driving another day and was paying attention at the median (where the support of elevated highway is supposed to go), and honestly there are few very problematic areas where they will have a very hard time to place it in. Considering what that project involves I don't see elevated highway coming for at least another 10 years (too much right of way acquisition is involved, environmental and SWFWMD permits need to be obtained and so on). Adding the construction time I don't see it in the near future at all.... and the idea of elevated roadway was to move the traffic (non stop) from Wesley Chapel (Wiregrass mall area) to west Pasco with only few access points which means elevated roadway will not help people who live anywhere between Meadow Pointe and Veterans to get to Tampa or even get a quick access to I-75/I-275.
Considering the number of new residential communities besides already mentioned Sport Complex, Mall outlet and Community College the traffic will be a pure nightmare and elevated roadway is not the answer.

In my opinion we are going to see a poor planning again (similar to Brandon). I got it Porter's family own all this land between SR 54 and SR 56 and are making money now, but infrastructure to support this population growth is not developed yet.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Where you hear this Bentlebee? I do hope you are correct and I do hope they figure out how to fix traffic leading up to the Grand Opening!!!
It was in the Laker that we received yesterday. I big article on the front page and followed further on a different page.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I was driving another day and was paying attention at the median (where the support of elevated highway is supposed to go), and honestly there are few very problematic areas where they will have a very hard time to place it in. Considering what that project involves I don't see elevated highway coming for at least another 10 years (too much right of way acquisition is involved, environmental and SWFWMD permits need to be obtained and so on). Adding the construction time I don't see it in the near future at all.... and the idea of elevated roadway was to move the traffic (non stop) from Wesley Chapel (Wiregrass mall area) to west Pasco with only few access points which means elevated roadway will not help people who live anywhere between Meadow Pointe and Veterans to get to Tampa or even get a quick access to I-75/I-275.
Considering the number of new residential communities besides already mentioned Sport Complex, Mall outlet and Community College the traffic will be a pure nightmare and elevated roadway is not the answer.

In my opinion we are going to see a poor planning again (similar to Brandon). I got it Porter's family own all this land between SR 54 and SR 56 and are making money now, but infrastructure to support this population growth is not developed yet.
The land was already sold by whoever...that was not the issue. Of course traffic will be increasing on certain days especially but we have to take that...I don't mind.

I'm not going to Outlet Malls that much but it saves time going to Ellerton and/or Orlando if the right stores are coming and it is great for the economy so please let them start building and for everyone who doesn't like it than use Bruce B. Downs to go to I-75 and avoid the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay