Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,302,917 times

Advertisements

I'm going running!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:21 PM

30,172 posts, read 20,894,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
It's nippy out there this morning. Got jeans and a sweatshirt on now. Looking at the thermostat and pondering switching it to heat, but trying to resist. We will have a little warm up for a few days and then back into the cold. Multiple nights in the 40's here and days in the 60's......according to the professional meteorologists, with degrees and computers and all.
Keep dreaming.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:24 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,833,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I'm going running!
People in my neighborhood and in the general area have been very active, walking, jogging and biking all through the Spring and Summer and the Fall....until today. I saw one guy out there jogging and he had a winter hat and gloves on.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:06 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,302,917 times
Quote:
People in my neighborhood and in the general area have been very active, walking, jogging and biking all through the Spring and Summer and the Fall....until today. I saw one guy out there jogging and he had a winter hat and gloves on.
I exercise during those times too. I just find it to be miserable as the air in Florida from May through October is so humid and heavy that it feels like I am trying to breath smog. Today was honestly the very first day of the year that the air didn't feel heavy and I performed one of my best runs of the season.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I exercise during those times too. I just find it to be miserable as the air in Florida from May through October is so humid and heavy that it feels like I am trying to breath smog. Today was honestly the very first day of the year that the air didn't feel heavy and I performed one of my best runs of the season.
I'm sure it is easier to jog on days like today. I actually chuckled a bit when we saw the guy in a winter hat and gloves. I know it is cold out with the well below normal temps and especially the wind, but I did not expect hats and gloves when jogging........but he must not be a chilly air lover......not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,016,805 times
Quote:
Looking at the Tampa area weather report seems to indicate highs in the mid to upper 70's with lows in the mid 60"s, where is this supposed cold weather you speak of?

Thu

75°
61°

Fri

79°
66°

Sat

81°
68°

Sun

82°
68°

Mon

81°
66°

Let me speak to mother nature about sending down a Canadian cold front so you can remember what cold really is ..

Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Let me speak to mother nature about sending down a Canadian cold front so you can remember what cold really is ..
LOL!

While yesterday was about 10 degrees below normal, with wind to go along with it......I do try to remind myself that it isn't anything like when we lived in the northeast.

Accuweather's monthly forecast has us dropping below normal again after a brief warm up. But like you say, it really isn't cold compared to what cold can be. We just get spoiled here with good weather.

I am still cracking up about the guy jogging yesterday with winter hat and gloves.....LOL!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM

7,115 posts, read 8,600,209 times
Quote:
LOL!

While yesterday was about 10 degrees below normal, with wind to go along with it......I do try to remind myself that it isn't anything like when we lived in the northeast.

Accuweather's monthly forecast has us dropping below normal again after a brief warm up. But like you say, it really isn't cold compared to what cold can be. We just get spoiled here with good weather.

I am still cracking up about the guy jogging yesterday with winter hat and gloves.....LOL!
I know last night when I closed our bedroom windows I actually said to my husband..."Ohhh it's really getting cold out!"

Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I know last night when I closed our bedroom windows I actually said to my husband..."Ohhh it's really getting cold out!"
The further south we go, the more we wonder how we survived further north with all the cold.....LOL!

Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
I find a good guide to the weather is how a homeless person dresses. On US 19 in Hudson
is a lady who spends her days sitting on a bench at a bus stop. Yesterday, for instance,
she had on a heavy coat, hat, gloves and a scarf wrapped around her face. In warmer weather she wears less. So, when it's colder outside than we are used to we take steps to keep
warm. Whether it be to add clothing, turn on the heat indoors, shut the a/c off in the car, close the windows, we all take steps to stay as warm as possible. That is human nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay