U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 PM

25,833 posts, read 14,413,416 times

Advertisements

quote ((Through the first three quarters of this year, an estimated 72.6 million people visited the Sunshine State, up by 3.6 percent from the same three quarters last year, according to Visit Florida statistics. It marks a new record for a nine-month period in Florida, Visit Florida said in a news release.))

Florida tourism has record visitors numbers in third quarter

This is great for revenue and jobs etc, but we need roads! mass transit- and a few more things to help the rest of US...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 10:59 PM

3,113 posts, read 5,465,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
This is great for revenue and jobs etc, but we need roads! mass transit- and a few more things to help the rest of US...
True. There is progress being made, though. My biggest traffic hindrances are most often construction-related... SR50, US19, Suncoast/Veterans, etc. That's only because I have the luxury of avoiding the rush-hour times, usually.

But, I know most folks have to endure traffic hell during the peak travel hours.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:06 AM

8,704 posts, read 9,451,887 times
Yes, I saw this on the news last night and the governor was announcing the record numbers at Busch Gardens in Tampa.

They are saying it was a record third quarter for tourism and they point out how Tampa Bay has helped.

I remember in another thread someone saying tourism was way down and no one visits Tampa Bay. Guess they were wrong and that is a good thing.

Gov. Scott recognizes Busch Gardens? Jim Dean, tourism growth in Florida - Tampa Bay Business Journal

Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 AM

642 posts, read 907,764 times
Haven't been in years, but I heard Busch Gardens even does fireworks every night now like Disney.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:47 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,836,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
quote ((Through the first three quarters of this year, an estimated 72.6 million people visited the Sunshine State, up by 3.6 percent from the same three quarters last year, according to Visit Florida statistics. It marks a new record for a nine-month period in Florida, Visit Florida said in a news release.))

Florida tourism has record visitors numbers in third quarter

It would be great if every road here wasn't under construction. We might be surprised at what we have if that day ever comes.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:51 PM

wished the road to Busch Gardens was better -it's pretty lame, scary at night--and the tourist traffic is bad in Pinnellas, I did not think I'd get out of there alive- moved away ... loved it- but those " older visitors" almost killed me about 8 times last year-

Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 14,088,025 times
It's going to be great once they get it all finished. They are just trying to accomodate the recent and future growth of the traffic on those roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
True. There is progress being made, though. My biggest traffic hindrances are most often construction-related... SR50, US19, Suncoast/Veterans, etc. That's only because I have the luxury of avoiding the rush-hour times, usually.

But, I know most folks have to endure traffic hell during the peak travel hours.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:42 PM

yea the contruction makes all worse, but it will great at the end. I hope with more revenue the invest in education and other things for FLORIDA's people

Old 11-16-2013, 06:46 PM

2,727 posts, read 4,637,206 times
I like that the number of out of country visitors is up significantly. It is a good thing when the rest of the world feels recovered too.

Quote:
The number of out-of-state Americans who visited in the third quarter rose only slightly to 19.5 million, up just 0.5 percent over last year. However, an estimated 2.9 million overseas visitors visited in the third quarter, up a stronger 10.1 percent, Visit Florida said.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:47 PM

819 posts, read 1,102,643 times
The construction slow down that really annoys me is I275 southbound as you go past downtown Tampa. There's no actual reduction in lanes, it just slows to a crawl for pretty much 7am to 7pm even on weekends because people somehow don't understand how to curve a bit to the left and then a bit to the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or