Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:46 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Well it's our second Thanksgiving coming up in Tampa Bay. My how time flies. So what are your plans for the big day and what are you thankful for?

My folks are flying down from MA to spend Thanksgiving with us and my in-laws at our house. I am so very thankful for that. It will be the best Thanksgiving in years. I am thankful for a wonderful family. I am thankful I am still able to use my legs at this point. I am thankful for the great medical care here in Tampa Bay. I am thankful for all the nice people I have connected with on C-D.

And of course I am thankful for our new little puppy. She is adorable.
Attached Thumbnails
Thanksgiving in Tampa Bay - What are your plans and what are you thankful for?-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 09:16 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
We used to spend thanksgiving at my parents house in Dade city. This year we decided to do it at our house. My parents are getting up in age and its harder for them to do it. Its our turn now, As our family grows with new additions, my parents can sit back and just enjoy the holiday season. Also got news my little brother from Tennessee will be joining as well. I will be Grilling the turkey outside this year to free up the stove inside for my wife's cooking. Food-Family-Football.. Life is good.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
We used to spend thanksgiving at my parents house in Dade city. This year we decided to do it at our house. My parents are getting up in age and its harder for them to do it. Its our turn now, As our family grows with new additions, my parents can sit back and just enjoy the holiday season. Also got news my little brother from Tennessee will be joining as well. I will be Grilling the turkey outside this year to free up the stove inside for my wife's cooking. Food-Family-Football.. Life is good.
Sounds awesome! Enjoy.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
We're doing it home. So, as usual I'll be frying a turkey, and doing baked potatoes along other veggies on the grill. Since my mother-in-law is a real-deal Italian (born and raised) we have lasagna too.

We'll eat outside on the lanai, probably have some good deserts too.

I invited family down from up north but don't expect them to make it.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:44 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
We're doing it home. So, as usual I'll be frying a turkey, and doing baked potatoes along other veggies on the grill. Since my mother-in-law is a real-deal Italian (born and raised) we have lasagna too.

We'll eat outside on the lanai, probably have some good deserts too.

I invited family down from up north but don't expect them to make it.
Perhaps a turkey lasagna! I have fried a couple of turkeys they come out great, but this will be my first on the grill. Enjoy.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:20 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Cry about the warm weather and thankful for that string of lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's that you said was coming that will not be coming.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I'm cooking...guests/family bring the pies...hope we can leave doors open and eat on the lanaii like last year...Prius your puppy is adorable!!!

Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I'm cooking...guests/family bring the pies...hope we can leave doors open and eat on the lanaii like last year...Prius your puppy is adorable!!!
Thx. We love having her as part of our family.

Hopefully the clouds clear and we warm up some, so we can all have the doors and windows open for Turkey Day.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:24 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
We go up to visit family in Christmas and stay here for Thanksgiving. Since we have no family here, we always are invited by friends or coworkers so it works out well.

I am thankful for 80 degree weather and sitting outside watching football in my shorts and sandals in November into December!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:46 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times
My wife and I will be in Apollo Beach all week. The final walk through of our new house is scheduled for the 26th. We are very thankful and thrilled that our house is almost ours! We're not sure what we'll do on Thursday but we'll be going out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay