Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Bar Envy, Sunset Lounge, Pickled Parrot, Jerry's Place, Rookies Sports Bar (2 locations), Jersey's Hometown Tavern, Beach Bar, Aqua Bar & Lounge, Bayport Inn, Chili's, Applebee's, Saints & Sinners Lounge, Rumors, Felony's just to name a few off the top of my head.

In 2010 the US Census reports that 22.2 percent of the population is 65 or older.
Who in their right mind would go to a bar named Felony's? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 03:33 PM

19 posts, read 25,736 times
Hey not4 long I spoke to u in my I'm here now what's up

Old 11-27-2013, 03:39 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Bar Envy, Sunset Lounge, Pickled Parrot, Jerry's Place, Rookies Sports Bar (2 locations), Jersey's Hometown Tavern, Beach Bar, Aqua Bar & Lounge, Bayport Inn, Chili's, Applebee's, Saints & Sinners Lounge, Rumors, Felony's just to name a few off the top of my head.

In 2010 the US Census reports that 22.2 percent of the population is 65 or older.
How many cows? You forgot the cows! Before and shortly after moving here I remember reading about how it was nothing but cows and pastures.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:41 PM

19 posts, read 25,736 times
Where is a lively place to live if ur wking in springhill I'm single and need nite life even at57

Old 11-27-2013, 03:43 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
It wasn't a bad place. I had a beer and some grub there a few times, but I've found some better spots. Over the summer the name changed to something else. I haven't been there since, not sure if it's better or worse.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:50 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Well, up until a couple of years ago, there was a herd of cattle at Spring Hill Drive and California Street. Right across the street from the school bus depot. I dont know what happened, but no more cattle there.
There is still some livestock along Powell Road going West from US 19 but most of it is just a few horses and not much else. Mostly its flower, plants and tree growing places. Very little in our immediate area overall as far as pastures and cows go.

Yes, Felony's "Its so good it should be a felony" is now Imagz. I understand the food is just as good as it was, just a different name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
How many cows? You forgot the cows! Before and shortly after moving here I remember reading about how it was nothing but cows and pastures.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:57 PM

If you're working in Spring Hill you might as well be living in Spring Hill. Since you older (I'm 56) you should find enough to keep you busy. Still quite a few widows and divorcees here. There are a lot of social clubs here. The Sons of Italy, the Ohio Club, stuff like that where the grownups would socialize.

Spring Hill is small enough to the extent that there is no particular "hot beds" of activity. Down 41 towards Land O Lakes you will find a couple of nudist colonies. Also south of here on 19 in Pasco County there are a few strip bars, motorcycle bars, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yma1956 View Post
Where is a lively place to live if ur wking in springhill I'm single and need nite life even at57

Old 11-27-2013, 03:58 PM

Apparently quite a few people. "It's so good it ought to be a felony" was their tag line on advertising. The waitresses had this little cop like outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post

Old 11-27-2013, 04:27 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Man, this gets sooooo old. Do you realize many of the suburbs around here have a ton of great independent restaurants and various bars.......and that Tampa does in fact also contain chain restaurants?

Trying to imply suburbs are all chain restaurants and Tampa is the only place with interesting restaurants is not being realistic, factual or honest. Many of the suburbs here have their own very unique character and great places to eat and drink.......such as Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Dunedin and Safety Harbor. The OP may find the commute to some of these acceptable or the OP may want to consider SH itself or some of the other burbs, which I cannot speak to, so I will not make unrealistic, false and dishonest comments about them.
The OP was asking about nightlife not restaurants unless nightlife for you is dinner and a couple of drinks, I want really taking about restaurants but since you want to talk about this totally different thing, I have not seen any highly rated restaurants or chefs who earn awards or even nominated for awards opening restaurants in the suburbs. Ultimately you are correct as a ST resident I am not the best person to say what there is or isn't up there, it wasn't my intention to belittle or personally offend you.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 PM

I guess you never heard of Kevin Howe.....

Spring Hill chef to cook pork tenderloin dish on Regis and Kelly | Tampa Bay Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
snip........ I have not seen any highly rated restaurants or chefs who earn awards or even nominated for awards opening restaurants in the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay