Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Nice to have a cloudy day for once. It can stay like this for 11 months a year and i would be happy.
I agree....

Although, I don't want the weather to do any one thing for 11 months.......

That's just too monotonous for me....

But after all these years down here....I have to admit, I was EXTREMELY HAPPY to see the cloud cover this morning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM

693 posts, read 1,138,276 times
Quote:
Nice to have a cloudy day for once. It can stay like this for 11 months a year and i would be happy.
I understand from your perspective a cloudy day is welcome, however, I live in an area that remains virtually blocked out from the sun from about October to April and can assure you its very difficult to deal with. Granted my cloud cover comes with temps hovering freezing with snow/wet mist.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
First he says he likes change:

Quote:
Well i hate this weather. I want change, give me warm then give me a strong front with a blowing 25kn wind from the southwest, then heavy T storms, then a low of 28 to 37 and a high of 48, then warm it and repeat every few days.

I hate the same old dry and hot we get 11 months out of the year.

Then says it would be best to have the same weather almost all year long:

Quote:

Odd! He contradicts his own statements in the same thread. Something to keep in mind.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:27 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
And the tripe posting master banged this out on the keyboard a few weeks back spewing this.

It's nippy out there this morning. Got jeans and a sweatshirt on now. Looking at the thermostat and pondering switching it to heat, but trying to resist. We will have a little warm up for a few days and then back into the cold. Multiple nights in the 40's here and days in the 60's......according to the professional meteorologists, with degrees and computers and all.
This was way back in mid Nov. Still waiting for that string of highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's since you seem to fight me about the weather time after time and get made to look like a total joke.

As for the 11 months of clouds comment, i was going a little overboard. Ya, you peeps know i like bad, rough weather, i like to see change in the fall thru spring, not this crap we have had the last 2 winters and this fall so far. I want a repeat of the winter of 1983 and 2010.

Still gotta ask, how are them professional meterorologists with degrees and computers doing for ya?

Old 12-15-2013, 02:05 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Wow, just came from 9F place and it is too hot here.......

Old 12-15-2013, 03:33 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Wow, just came from 9F place and it is too hot here.......
Been hot the whole year minus a very few days.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Almost 80 posts on Florida's weather that for 99% of the time can be summed up as warm and sunny,
One can only wonder how many posts a northeastern weather topic would generate.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:30 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Almost 80 posts on Florida's weather that for 99% of the time can be summed up as warm and sunny,
One can only wonder how many posts a northeastern weather topic would generate.

Yup, it makes you wonder if some people don't realise why Florida is called the Sunshine State.

I travel around the Caribbean a lot. The weather is similar and often much hotter and more humid yet I just don't seem to hear the same complaints from the locals.
In fact they consider themselves blessed to have such fine weather all-year round.

Just looking at some of those winter storms that have already swept through further North and you give thanks fo9r where we live. I do,anyway.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I just thought it odd that weather is such a big topic on the Florida forum where the weather never really changes that much, whereas weather patterns arent really talked about much in the northeast forums where weather is dynamic and ever changing..
As for Floridas nice warm weather?
I think i was wired up backwards at birth as i seem to enjoy cold winter days rather than hot sweaty days.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I just thought it odd that weather is such a big topic on the Florida forum where the weather never really changes that much, whereas weather patterns arent really talked about much in the northeast forums where weather is dynamic and ever changing..
As for Floridas nice warm weather?
I think i was wired up backwards at birth as i seem to enjoy cold winter days rather than hot sweaty days.
I wonder the same thing, I personally can not care any less about the weather/dew points, I step out of door and figure it out, which is mostly irrelevant anyhow since I am walking 5 steps to my car and 10 steps to my office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay