Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:44 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I wonder the same thing, I personally can not care any less about the weather/dew points, I step out of door and figure it out, which is mostly irrelevant anyhow since I am walking 5 steps to my car and 10 steps to my office.
You will be stepping into hell this weekend as winter brings us near summer temps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 07:36 PM

677 posts, read 933,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o_O View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Cold weather can be invigorating, especially after suffering through a dismally hot and humid summer/fall in Tampa.

You belong up north with us Jambo, right now it's 27* & that's cold, but it's gonna go up into the 40's & end up in the 60's by weeks end. Winter can be tuff up here but frankly I enjoy the change of seasons, I could never ever live in a hot humid swampy climate. We get 3-4 months of summer & that's enough. Two weeks ago we had a surprise snow storm that everyone was unprepared for & caused major havoc, glad they aren't too frequent but even snow has it's benefits, it purifies the air, cold temps kill the insects (yeah!!) which is a major benefit, no pythons, love bugs, lizards, gators, flying palmetto bugs, or the rest of the critters Floridians have to deal with here. There's always pros & cons where ever you live, even in FL.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:22 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
You belong up north with us Jambo, right now it's 27* & that's cold, but it's gonna go up into the 40's & end up in the 60's by weeks end. Winter can be tuff up here but frankly I enjoy the change of seasons, I could never ever live in a hot humid swampy climate. We get 3-4 months of summer & that's enough. Two weeks ago we had a surprise snow storm that everyone was unprepared for & caused major havoc, glad they aren't too frequent but even snow has it's benefits, it purifies the air, cold temps kill the insects (yeah!!) which is a major benefit, no pythons, love bugs, lizards, gators, flying palmetto bugs, or the rest of the critters Floridians have to deal with here. There's always pros & cons where ever you live, even in FL.
After spending much of my youth in St Pete I realized i was one of those who just cant do heat and humidity for 8-10 months a year,i've been living happily in Montreal for the last 35 years and find Florida a fine place to spend a few weeks during the winter but thats about it.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I'm starting to be thankful for all the misinformation about FL. Maybe it'll slow down the state's massive influx of transients (admittedly, I am one).
If you want that to happen you have to really play up some of the perceived negatives of Florida rather than criticize people who mention any negatives they may find with Florida. .
Also the endless telling everyone how beautiful the weather is and how much like paradise Florida is and how much fun was had at the beach today, is it any surprise we're all coming down?

Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I'm not criticizing anyone. Stop being so sensitive.
I was just talking in general terms ,as the influx of people from elsewhere seems to be a problem for many Floridians.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I was being a bit sarcastic. Summer is hell down here, sure, but fall is tolerable.

The bug/lizard cliche is exaggerated. You know lizards eat bugs, right? And we don't walk outside and get mobbed by flying palmetto bugs... you're aware of that, right?

I'm starting to be thankful for all the misinformation about FL. Maybe it'll slow down the state's massive influx of transients (admittedly, I am one).

I'm not exaggerating & you know it! Most people do not want to come in contact with any type of a bug or lizard regardless if one eats the other, regardless if they fly or not & furthermore I never implied you're swarmed by flying palmetto bugs but you damn sure are swarmed by Love bugs depending on where you live, now tell me that's a exaggeration. And while insects are in every state we don't have to contend with the variety you have & the duration of their existence is limited to the summer months. Believe it or not everyone is not dying to live in FL, the state has too many ills/negatives, some of us who know what to expect want no parts of it but I do agree it's a ideal place to vacation but I absolutely wouldn't want to live there. Btw your comment "summer is hell down here" is accurate, not a exaggeration & not hyperbole, I know cause I've experienced it & Hell is a place I'm not dying to dwell in. Enjoy yourselves roasting.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After spending much of my youth in St Pete I realized i was one of those who just cant do heat and humidity for 8-10 months a year,i've been living happily in Montreal for the last 35 years and find Florida a fine place to spend a few weeks during the winter but thats about it.
I totally agree with ya Jambo.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
I'm not exaggerating & you know it! Most people do not want to come in contact with any type of a bug or lizard regardless if one eats the other, regardless if they fly or not & furthermore I never implied you're swarmed by flying palmetto bugs but you damn sure are swarmed by Love bugs depending on where you live, now tell me that's a exaggeration. And while insects are in every state we don't have to contend with the variety you have & the duration of their existence is limited to the summer months. Believe it or not everyone is not dying to live in FL, the state has too many ills/negatives, some of us who know what to expect want no parts of it but I do agree it's a ideal place to vacation but I absolutely wouldn't want to live there. Btw your comment "summer is hell down here" is accurate, not a exaggeration & not hyperbole, I know cause I've experienced it & Hell is a place I'm not dying to dwell in. Enjoy yourselves roasting.
Our reverse west wind flow in the summer is true hell.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:03 PM

26 posts, read 36,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Get ready for another hot month. High pressure will dead lock in and make us nice and warm.

I'm sure there is one on here that will say it's a normal month or below like the last 2 hot months that were way above normal.
This is horrible news... bring on the damn cold weather.

This cold HOT cold HOT stuff is nonsense... last year we had some nice cold stretches.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bova Fett View Post
This is horrible news... bring on the damn cold weather.

This cold HOT cold HOT stuff is nonsense... last year we had some nice cold stretches.
I don't remember that the last 2 winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay