U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 PM
 
Location: NJ
2,111 posts, read 7,464,940 times
Reputation: 1018

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a condo in the Tampa Bay area, Countryside in Clearwater. Looking for a good deal for a 2/2 and I zeroed in on Mission Hills and Winding Creek Court areas. That is kinda where I'd like to be in Clearwater, north of 60, west of 19. Anyone know of these areas? It seems everything I look at is 55+, and I meet the requirement, but don't know if it's a wise choice as to the limitations. I am looking at HOA fees as I'm from NJ and would be down FL part time. I guess if the units are 2 stories, a second level would be a better choice as far as noise goes and if any water problems. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 AM
 
22,945 posts, read 34,122,306 times
Reputation: 22667
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I am considering purchasing a condo in the Tampa Bay area, Countryside in Clearwater. Looking for a good deal for a 2/2 and I zeroed in on Mission Hills and Winding Creek Court areas. That is kinda where I'd like to be in Clearwater, north of 60, west of 19. Anyone know of these areas? It seems everything I look at is 55+, and I meet the requirement, but don't know if it's a wise choice as to the limitations. I am looking at HOA fees as I'm from NJ and would be down FL part time. I guess if the units are 2 stories, a second level would be a better choice as far as noise goes and if any water problems. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I would avoid the area around US19 altogether due to the traffic/congestion and 55+ communities as they're notorious for being overly regulated (internally), sometimes difficult for resale and not a good investment in terms of returning equity. I would urge you to consider the NE edge of Countryside area around Landmark or McMullen Booth which has some nice condo complexes. It's a lot less congested/quieter, equally convenient and a nice area. Another nearby option with some excellent condo values is East Lake Woodlands which is a few minutes to the northeast near Tampa Rd and McMullen Booth. I know the condo market quite well there and would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have. Feel free to Direct Message me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 08:58 AM
 
Location: NJ
2,111 posts, read 7,464,940 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would avoid the area around US19 altogether due to the traffic/congestion and 55+ communities as they're notorious for being overly regulated (internally), sometimes difficult for resale and not a good investment in terms of returning equity. I would urge you to consider the NE edge of Countryside area around Landmark or McMullen Booth which has some nice condo complexes. It's a lot less congested/quieter, equally convenient and a nice area. Another nearby option with some excellent condo values is East Lake Woodlands which is a few minutes to the northeast near Tampa Rd and McMullen Booth. I know the condo market quite well there and would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have. Feel free to Direct Message me.
Thanks for the heads up. I initially was looking in eastern New Port Richie, but NPR is spotty and the better areas around Seven Springs where my Brother just purchased is high in HOA fees and flood prone

Edit: Looking on the map, the area you might be talking about is north countryside, south of curlew rd (Palm Harbor), east of Dunedin, and west of Safety Harbor, the area I would like. You don't mean anything in Oldsmar? Most lower priced condos are headlined toward 19.

Last edited by taurus430; 12-05-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Tampa Bay`·.¸¸ ><((((º>.·´¯`·><((((º>
4,567 posts, read 6,977,803 times
Reputation: 13542
Mission Hills is a nice area. I drive by there often and know the area. It is for 55 and over.
__________________
My mod posts will always be in red.
The RulesInfractions & DeletionsWho's the moderator? • FAQ • What is a "Personal Attack" • What is "Trolling" • Guidelines for copyrighted material.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 AM
 
22,945 posts, read 34,122,306 times
Reputation: 22667
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I initially was looking in eastern New Port Richie, but NPR is spotty and the better areas around Seven Springs where my Brother just purchased is high in HOA fees and flood prone

Edit: Looking on the map, the area you might be talking about is north countryside, south of curlew rd (Palm Harbor), east of Dunedin, and west of Safety Harbor, the area I would like. You don't mean anything in Oldsmar? Most lower priced condos are headlined toward 19.
Exactly...and yes Oldsmar does have some terrific choices in the East Lake Woodlands community which has about a dozen different small condo clusters, most all are two story and solidly built. You'll find the lower prices on US19 versus other parts of Clearwater because it's very congested and less appealing to most. East Lake Woodlands would be great for you I think given your lower price bracket, as I feel it closely resembles what you're looking at on US19 in terms of price.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM
 
Location: NJ
2,111 posts, read 7,464,940 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Mission Hills is a nice area. I drive by there often and know the area. It is for 55 and over.
Most of the condos on my search come up 55+ and although I qualify, they could be hard for resale and about the restrictions, otherwise Mission Hills would be my first choice. So I'm looking for 1 story or 2nd level of 2 story, no flood zone, 1/1 or 2/2, W/D inside and low fees as I would be part time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay`·.¸¸ ><((((º>.·´¯`·><((((º>
4,567 posts, read 6,977,803 times
Reputation: 13542
Around Oldsmar, the condos at Eastlake Woodlake are nice like another poster is saying.

Winding Woods is an area with nice townhomes around the Countryside mall, too. Best thing is to ask a RE broker if you can get in touch with somebody to help you. We have various in this forum.
__________________
My mod posts will always be in red.
The RulesInfractions & DeletionsWho's the moderator? • FAQ • What is a "Personal Attack" • What is "Trolling" • Guidelines for copyrighted material.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Location: NJ
2,111 posts, read 7,464,940 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Around Oldsmar, the condos at Eastlake Woodlake are nice like another poster is saying.

Best thing is to ask a RE broker if you can get in touch with somebody to help you. We have various in this forum.
How do I find an RE Broker in this Forum to ask?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 PM
 
2,727 posts, read 4,660,437 times
Reputation: 2342
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
How do I find an RE Broker in this Forum to ask?
Send them a private message.

If you click on the poster name, there is a button to contact any poster. Is says "Send a direct message to XXX"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
26,084 posts, read 14,631,407 times
Reputation: 10739
Check behind the Clearwater mall. it is SE of RT 19 and 60 ( Seville) right now its all road construction area bu those condos are huge,,, and not expensive
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top