Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:53 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times

Advertisements

I dont know where you folks are looking for that 0.001% of companies around Florida actually actually pay a good salary, but it only took me about 45 seconds to find out the below. There more than 100 companies paying $30k a year. There are quite a few jobs available in Tampa. I saw one of them being an entry level position.

» clear searches

Sort by: relevance - date
Salary Estimate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 04:54 AM

Nobody works for free and no company is going to ask someone to work for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Why do you think it's ok for someone(anyone) to go to work and not be paid for their time and skill? How many times do you give up YOUR commission? do you work unpaid?

Old 12-10-2013, 04:58 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Speaking because it didn't happen to you. It happened to me more than 10 times in Tampa alone.

There are at least 5000 candidates for those jobs. Why don't you submit a resume and see what happens next?! I can apply to all of them and never hear from either...and I do have a substantial portfolio which makes me "overqualified" how do you fight that?

Did you ever try getting a job in this field? Are you speaking from personal experience? I am.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
BTW: Next time I get an email asking me to design something and telling me "they don't have a budget" I will forward it to you, and you can tell me what to tell them! Ok?

Old 12-10-2013, 05:01 AM

5000 people applying for over a 100 jobs would be a whole lot of graphics people.

Frankly, I think you are blowing smoke. The facts speak for themselves.

The jobs are there, FACT. The jobs pay significantly more than $9.00 an hour, FACT.

Now you are "over qualified" and earlier you stated that nobody hires without experience.

Quote:
Speaking because it didn't happen to you. It happened to me more than 10 times in Tampa alone.

There are at least 5000 candidates for those jobs. Why don't you submit a resume and see what happens next?! I can apply to all of them and never hear from either...and I do have a substantial portfolio which makes me "overqualified" how do you fight that?

Did you ever try getting a job in this field? Are you speaking from personal experience? I am.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Interns in any field do. 0.0001% are paid.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
5000 people applying for over a 100 jobs would be a whole lot of graphics people.

Frankly, I think you are blowing smoke. The facts speak for themselves.

The jobs are there, FACT. The jobs pay significantly more than $9.00 an hour, FACT.

Now you are "over qualified" and earlier you stated that nobody hires without experience.
If you read the descriptions none are entry level. I have a vast portfolio from many years of freelancing. I very complete one, and not just one with coupons in it like others. I am overqualified because I am well over 25 years old.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Lowry Park Zoo wants someone to pay $25 application fee, but the "internship" is unpaid.

Who's paying for the gas?
Attached Thumbnails
my education question-region-capture-1.png  

Old 12-10-2013, 05:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
Quote:
"Little Need For"? WOW...OK! Why don't you tell ADOBE that and see what they say!

Next time you buy any product imagine what it would look like if the box had nothing on it...it was plain white with no writing so you wouldn't know what's in it.

Next time you go to Publix imagine what it would look like if all the boxes were white with no writing on them.

You're overselling your "profession" (please notice the quotation marks). You're saying without a Graphic Designer, no one could put some artwork together to put on packaging or a billboard? I have a 11-year nephew who could do with a few crayons or magic markers. Again, if you choose a "profession" that is in less demand in the workforce, you really only have yourself to blame. Kind of reminds me of a few of my college classmates who studied Russian Literature and wondered why they couldn't find jobs in the real world.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You're overselling your "profession" (please notice the quotation marks). You're saying without a Graphic Designer, no one could put some artwork together to put on packaging or a billboard? I have a 11-year nephew who could do with a few crayons or magic markers. Again, if you choose a "profession" that is in less demand in the workforce, you really only have yourself to blame. Kind of reminds me of a few of my college classmates who studied Russian Literature and wondered why they couldn't find jobs in the real world.
You don't work in this field, and please do take that to Adobe. Maybe they'll stop making software since crayons will do!
I am also not sure why you'd think everyone needs to be in an "in demand" field? the OP was duped by a school, and now she's going to have a merry hard time getting a job not knowing EVERYTHING ELSE there is to know in this field. Let's apply your 11 year old to one of these jobs and see how long it takes him to make over $40k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay