Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 04:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

80 arrested in online prostitution undercover operation | Polk County

Does anyone know what will happen with the government support. Will that be taken away after they get convicted or is that an entitlement that criminals can keep?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 05:32 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Does anyone know what will happen with the government support. Will that be taken away after they get convicted or is that an entitlement that criminals can keep?
One they get convicted or if they get convicted they will see a judge or plead guilty they will serve their punishment at that time they will no longer be criminals or have a tattooed c on their chest and since we don't have an island to send them to, they will be part of society and we will still care about them not starving to death so yes, they could go on snap depending on the c charge they would not be eligible for housing or some other programs.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:37 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Probably not considering that they won't become rich and/OR self sufficient honest individuals any time soon!

I told you, this welfare crap need to stop and be 1000% reevaluated considering how many people get it that don't deserve it.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:37 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,822,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
One they get convicted or if they get convicted they will see a judge or plead guilty they will serve their punishment at that time they will no longer be criminals or have a tattooed c on their chest and since we don't have an island to send them to, they will be part of society and we will still care about them not starving to death so yes, they could go on snap depending on the c charge they would not be eligible for housing or some other programs.
They will no longer be criminals? Really, is that how it works? Please explain, because I sure am confused.

Last I checked, it sure seemed that we a whole heap of repeat offenders out there.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:41 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,995 times
Why is this a crime

Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,990,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Why is this a crime
It's a crime because people aren't allowed to film it, sell it and send tax proceeds to the government.

Makes a lot of sense, right?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:00 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
They will no longer be criminals? Really, is that how it works? Please explain, because I sure am confused.

Last I checked, it sure seemed that we a whole heap of repeat offenders out there.
So you are saying we should operate under the assumption that everyone who has ever been convicted of a crime will be a repeat offender and we should treat them as criminals, label them criminals because they WILL do it again. I am pretty sure that once you paid your debt to society you are no longer considered a criminal. You will have a record, and I guess if you go by the definition of the word then you would be technically a criminal, but so would anyone who has ever committed a crime, which could even be a motor vehicle offense, so most people would be criminals, that's why as a society we don't use the term literally. There are crimes that have a high level of recidivism, I dont think soliciting is one, of course separating the truly heinous crimes associated with prostitution like human trafficking which deserves a whole new level of hell.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I'm amazed and on the other hand not shocked at the same time...that paying who do nothing and getting free money are so bored that they have nothing betters to do that conduct this behavior and I wonder if they have been selling these food stamps like I have heard on tv is happening.

It seems they sell them for half the price and that makes me wonder if the cops will provide this info to the fraud department so they can look into this further or will the end result that they still will be eligible?

I understand that many of them become homeless and that is also the reason why I hope nobody will give them a dime instead of buying them a free burger or giving them a soda. Maybe than they will realize that we all have to work for our money.

In Holland where everyone will be eligible for government assistance if you have nothing or claim to have nothing like many do, there was once a story of a guy who was homeless and we saw him daily asking for money in the city which is ridiculous since the welfare system is so good. Than it came to the surface that he went to the bank daily to post his "free earnings" and his bank account was so high and on the side he got welfare.

It seems to be a great way of not working hours you don't like and still collecting easier than most of us.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
It's a crime because people aren't allowed to film it, sell it and send tax proceeds to the government.

Makes a lot of sense, right?
So if I see a girl at the club and I want to have sex with her it is ok to ask her out on a date. I'm taking her on a date to figure out if I will be able to sleep with her

If I see the same chick on a street corner and give her money for sex that is illegal

SMH

If this is illegal dating and relationships should be illegal too

Old 12-18-2013, 08:23 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
So if I see a girl at the club and I want to have sex with her it is ok to ask her out on a date. I'm taking her on a date to figure out if I will be able to sleep with her

If I see the same chick on a street corner and give her money for sex that is illegal

SMH

If this is illegal dating and relationships should be illegal too
yeah some "freedoms" we have here amirite???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: