U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:51 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,019,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
ouse For Rent$1,025+/mo
3 beds, 2.0 baths, 1,323 sqft4,791 sqft lot Built in 1997
House For Rent$1,050+/mo4 beds, 2.0 baths, 1,224 sqft7,884 sqft lot Built in 1961
House For Rent$850+/mo3 beds, 2.0 baths, 1,310 sqft0.28 ac lot Built in 1939
House For Rent$850+/mo3 beds, 2.0 baths, 1,310 sqft0.28 ac lot Built in 1939
House For Rent$1,000+/mo4 beds, 2.0 baths, 1,530 sqft6,534 sqft lot Built in 1924
Where are these houses and what are the schools like near them?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 PM

293 posts, read 469,511 times
Well we are self employed so Idk if it will amount to $70 k there but as long as it pays the bills because it is way expensive up here, $70k and you'd think we make minimum wage!! And Spring Hillian I live in Worcester.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:37 PM

12,135 posts, read 14,071,920 times
I just pulled the first few newest listings off a RE website. I they are listed in Tampa, I have no idea where they are or about the schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Where are these houses and what are the schools like near them?

Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
I hear ya. Today, we had our behind freezing at 45F in the morning. How is that sound to you...feel like you can do in t-shirt with that? That's what I saw in the super market. Hopefully, you will bring your 70K salary here too. Otherwise, it is a whole lot different game.

Good luck in your moving plan!
45 would be a cake walk in a tee shirt...I don't wear coats until it's below 40!! And I went camping in Fort De Soto in Februray 2010 or 2011 whatever one was that crazy cold year..and we did it in a tent!! With NO tent heater!!! It was pretty chilly at night but the days were in the 50's so I just had a tee on for most of the time, as the sun started to set I broke out the heavy sweatshirts...We must have picked the WORST time to ever decide to go tent camping of Florida!! LOL

Old 01-03-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuda1 View Post
Well we are self employed so Idk if it will amount to $70 k there but as long as it pays the bills because it is way expensive up here, $70k and you'd think we make minimum wage!! And Spring Hillian I live in Worcester.

Not a huge difference in how far the $ would go, but some......

Cost of living differs between:
Worcester County, MA and Hillsborough County, FL Salary: Adjusted For Cost
of Living: Location One:
Worcester County, MA $70,000 $70,000
Location Two:
Hillsborough County, FL
$66,530 Change in disposable income: $3,470
In essence, if you moved to Hillsborough County, FL and received the same salary you currently earn in Worcester County, MA, you would have an extra 3470 to spend as you see fit.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Not a huge difference in how far the $ would go, but some......

Cost of living differs between:
Worcester County, MA and Hillsborough County, FL Salary: Adjusted For Cost
of Living: Location One:
Worcester County, MA $70,000 $70,000
Location Two:
Hillsborough County, FL
$66,530 Change in disposable income: $3,470
In essence, if you moved to Hillsborough County, FL and received the same salary you currently earn in Worcester County, MA, you would have an extra 3470 to spend as you see fit.
Sounds good to me Like I said as long as our bills are paid and our bellies are full, the rest is just whatever..I wont need to try and save up for a warm vaca so I can get some sunshine and warmth as I will have it year round!! And I only work 1 day a week because we can't afford childcare but my son will be in Kindergarten next year (Aug 2014)so I can devote more time to my career.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:07 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,019,074 times
Quote:
I just pulled the first few newest listings off a RE website. I they are listed in Tampa, I have no idea where they are or about the schools.
I'm guessing they're in questionable to crappy neighborhoods and probably not the best schools.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:38 AM

That is possible. I didnt investigate each location and do any comparisons. I just wanted to show that renting for 1k a month in Tampa is easily do-able so long as you don't expect the worlds most fantastic location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I'm guessing they're in questionable to crappy neighborhoods and probably not the best schools.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:19 AM

21 posts, read 20,509 times
Default Thank You

Spring Hillian, thank you for all of your wonderful information and tips. Thank you to everyone else for your tips as well

Actually we own a business so we aren't poor I just don't like to get in over our heads, I always like to know I am in good shape if one income is gone.

As far as the dogs, I have snuck them in the house I am living for the last 2 years, its not like I couldn't do that again but everywhere I have looked said Breed Restrictions, I have a full blooded Pit Bull and a Pit Bull mixed with a Rott, both are about 60lbs. So yes there are issues with having them.

Also I did mention one of the reasons I was moving is because my oldest son is about to graduate and there are lots of schools in FL he could choose from, and getting in state tuition would be better for us

Old 01-04-2014, 11:24 AM

Glad I could help. Sounds like the dogs may be a bit of a problem due to the perception of these breeds. They are not something a landlord would want in an apartment situation. A house with large yard, yeah, maybe. Surely feeding those brutes cost a lot as well. A financial obligation that most people dont need upon a relocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmitch View Post
Spring Hillian, thank you for all of your wonderful information and tips. Thank you to everyone else for your tips as well

Actually we own a business so we aren't poor I just don't like to get in over our heads, I always like to know I am in good shape if one income is gone.

As far as the dogs, I have snuck them in the house I am living for the last 2 years, its not like I couldn't do that again but everywhere I have looked said Breed Restrictions, I have a full blooded Pit Bull and a Pit Bull mixed with a Rott, both are about 60lbs. So yes there are issues with having them.

Also I did mention one of the reasons I was moving is because my oldest son is about to graduate and there are lots of schools in FL he could choose from, and getting in state tuition would be better for us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay