Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 PM

294 posts, read 542,738 times

Advertisements

I got served by the sheriff for a warrant for missing court for a credit card that I had when I was 20 (now 35) and all he did was hand me papers and say "You missed your court date, here's the next avail....have a good day" No big deal at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 05:18 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Well, keep them oiled and ready to go just in case you spot an open window or something.
I can't rep you again, so consider it done.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:15 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The funny thing about crime in Florida is that for the most part you can avoid it unlike when I lived in NYC and the better areas were besieged by the criminal element...no mass transportation keeps the bad guys out for the most part...If you live in a good area and keep your nose clean...chances are you won't fall victim to a crime...
GREAT post! Looks like NYC is in for some fun again, lol. And you are so right about mass trans, the last thing I want to see is that heavy rail connecting Tampa, Orlando and Miami. If they want to connect Orlando and Miami, that's OK with me. Just leave Tampa out of it.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:38 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
So that was nothing. Its been going on for years.

The county should board it up.
They just unboard it everytime.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I find it quite odd then when I take a Google tour of Westport subdivision I see a vehicle parked in just about every driveway. Many houses have 2 vehicles in the driveways. In see green well maintained front yards. I see people walking down the street, in one shot a whole family out for a stroll. What I dont see is very many for sale signs on lawns. The aerial view shows me rows of streets separated by canals and most homes have boats at their docks. Ziilow shows me homes that sold in 2011 for $70-90k. I see a house at 5712 Emerald Pointe Circle. It is priced at $214k.
I see a much smaller house, 6220 Keller Drive, its a foreclosure, listed as a "studio" and it is $48k.
I see an apartment complex at 9912 Aquarius Drive. I see rents there are $1k and up. I also see Grace Apartments where a small apartment rents for just under $600. Zillow shows that just about 20 homes are for sale in a subdivision that contains almost 350 homes.

I dont understand why you paint the pictures of some hell hole when the truth is obviously the opposite of your descriptions.

THUD

Clueless again. Most of these rented homes have 5 to 8 kids plus growups living in them, since the lots are so small they have to park junky cars in the empty driveways that are next door to left and right. All of Emerald point is empty, even Nick walked away from his home in there. That is a gated place with like 4 or homes built west of Wesport in the sawgrass, them homes were going for like 500k+ back in 05. Plus that is whole nother hood that does not include Westport. Once Flood rates reset to full market price there is no way anyone would even touch a house in EP.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
The cars I see parked are not junky by any means.
05 was about the height of the housing boom. I sold a house for 234k in 05 that is now selling for 170k. A street view does not indicate empty homes unless the owners left the window treatments in place, have the grass mowed often and have the property kept up well. Frankly, I think you're just blowing a lot of smoke.

How about an address on this boarded up home. I'd like to street view it on Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Clueless again. Most of these rented homes have 5 to 8 kids plus growups living in them, since the lots are so small they have to park junky cars in the empty driveways that are next door to left and right. All of Emerald point is empty, even Nick walked away from his home in there. That is a gated place with like 4 or homes built west of Wesport in the sawgrass, them homes were going for like 500k+ back in 05. Plus that is whole nother hood that does not include Westport. Once Flood rates reset to full market price there is no way anyone would even touch a house in EP.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
The cars I see parked are not junky by any means.
05 was about the height of the housing boom. I sold a house for 234k in 05 that is now selling for 170k. A street view does not indicate empty homes unless the owners left the window treatments in place, have the grass mowed often and have the property kept up well. Frankly, I think you're just blowing a lot of smoke.

How about an address on this boarded up home. I'd like to street view it on Google.
There is nothing to see now as all the boards are gone and the county put some kind of sign on it. Lets see a pic of all these fine cars you are seeing. I guess you were in here this weekend looking for cars. Anyone on this site can come see me and i will take them on a 3 hour tour.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM

Actually I punched in Westport into a couple of real estate sites and did a street view tour from there. Anyone can do the same to view the recent pictures that Google has shot. Very revealing indeed. Also, none of these sites are showing that 1/2 of Westport is for sale. None of these sites show $25k homes and they certainly do not show very many small "shoeboxes". In other words, there is nothing to back up any of your claims about Westport. A chat with a member of the home owners association there also does not back up any of your claims. He is a member of the neighborhood security patrol. He was shocked at the commentary I quoted him and wondered if I had the right subdivision. "The conditions you are describing to me do not exist in the Westport Subdivision in New Port Richey Florida". I would take 30 minutes to tour Westport, not 3 hours.
Instead anyone coming down, just provide the names of streets and we can all do a virtual tour.

Quote:
There is nothing to see now as all the boards are gone and the county put some kind of sign on it. Lets see a pic of all these fine cars you are seeing. I guess you were in here this weekend looking for cars. Anyone on this site can come see me and i will take them on a 3 hour tour.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Actually I punched in Westport into a couple of real estate sites and did a street view tour from there. Anyone can do the same to view the recent pictures that Google has shot. Very revealing indeed. Also, none of these sites are showing that 1/2 of Westport is for sale. None of these sites show $25k homes and they certainly do not show very many small "shoeboxes". In other words, there is nothing to back up any of your claims about Westport. A chat with a member of the home owners association there also does not back up any of your claims. He is a member of the neighborhood security patrol. He was shocked at the commentary I quoted him and wondered if I had the right subdivision. "The conditions you are describing to me do not exist in the Westport Subdivision in New Port Richey Florida". I would take 30 minutes to tour Westport, not 3 hours.
Instead anyone coming down, just provide the names of streets and we can all do a virtual tour.
All of the homes in the front to the mid section are small 2bedroom homes. You would make up anything to paint a pretty pic. Then there is the back where some newer bigger home were built. And i never said half the hood was for sale, i said it was about empty since many owners just walked away years ago and left them to the banks. Slum lords had bought a lot of them before the crash to rent out.

Since you don't live here you have nothing. Come and try selling a house in here.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:43 AM

I dont need to paint anything. The actual views do that for me. There is no disputing what I can see with my own eyes versus what someone types on a bulletin board. I sure as heck dont see any slum properties in the trips up and down the various streets on Google and their video is recent. It sure does not appear to be half empty either. But you go on and tell us about it.

Quote:
All of the homes in the front to the mid section are small 2bedroom homes. You would make up anything to paint a pretty pic. Then there is the back where some newer bigger home were built. And i never said half the hood was for sale, i said it was about empty since many owners just walked away years ago and left them to the banks. Slum lords had bought a lot of them before the crash to rent out.

Since you don't live here you have nothing. Come and try selling a house in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay