Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
welcome to Westshore! are you going into that new lot on Westshore by Boyscout? Alot of people that work that area live in new Tampa. Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Trinity west-chase is huge and Oldsmar and yea Land o Lakes,,, South Tampa is cool- just with kids n flooding ehh so so-- I live near Oldsmar takes me 15 20 max to work near Int'l mall. Riverview is a ways out, they just did some new hihways cross town etc which make it ok I guess, bu that is the boonies too
Funny how the definition of boonies changes.. Its been over 30yrs since I herd Riverview called the boonies.. Now Trinity, Wesley chapel, New Tampa and even Land O Lakes were call the boonies 10 yrs ago. Even during rush hour I have driven Riverview to Westshore in 30 minutes. But as far as the OP, Westchase gets my vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Westchase/Citrus park is my vote. Great schools, centrally located and family friendly area to live in.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:36 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
From Land O Lakes you could take US 41 to Dale Mabry.

From Trinity East Lake Road would work well.

The Veterans Expressway is NOT the only way.
They're not retired. 41 has a million stop lights on it, and Dale Mabry has twice the stop lights 41 has.

On the map, it isn't, when you are trying to get to work, it is. Getting to work is not usually considered a leisurely drive!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:42 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Depending on the time of the day of course but I don't see 30-45 minutes commute from LOL or Riverview to Westshore during before/after normal business hours.
I also agree with PhotoProIP, OP should rent at first to get familiar with different areas.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
From Land O Lakes you could take US 41 to Dale Mabry.

From Trinity East Lake Road would work well.

The Veterans Expressway is NOT the only way.
This makes no sense. On that way the OP would have passed Palm Harbor/Eastlake , Safety Harbor, Oldsmar, all of which I would prefer before Trinity. That's an hour or so travel we are talking about to Westshore. Probably the better way to go to Trinity is through Gunn HWY or Veterans, still far.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
The response I made was in reply to the assumption that there is no other way than the Veterans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
This makes no sense. On that way the OP would have passed Palm Harbor/Eastlake , Safety Harbor, Oldsmar, all of which I would prefer before Trinity. That's an hour or so travel we are talking about to Westshore. Probably the better way to go to Trinity is through Gunn HWY or Veterans, still far.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Quote:
The response I made was in reply to the assumption that there is no other way than the Veterans.
I would be curious to know how many people take SR-54 to get to 41, then down Dale Mavry to get to Westshore!
Or, McMullen Booth to Gulf to Bay to get to Veterans, then Westshore!

My response was regarding a daily commute to work.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 PM

693 posts, read 1,137,762 times
Even with construction Veterans can move if your on it prior to 645am. Once the project is finished it will be a beaut!

I will commute down Veterans but it will be around 6am, if I was going to do it at 730-830am, forget it!

Old 01-06-2014, 01:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I would be curious to know how people did it before the Veterans was built.

Coming from Land O Lakes would not involve SR 54 at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I would be curious to know how many people take SR-54 to get to 41, then down Dale Mavry to get to Westshore!
Or, McMullen Booth to Gulf to Bay to get to Veterans, then Westshore!

My response was regarding a daily commute to work.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:56 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
If I were you knowing what I now know after 25+ years living here, I would forget Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Trinity, New Tampa and Riverview, not because of the distance but the commute will be awful and you'll soon grow to hate it. I spent a good portion of my earning years living in Northdale (Zip 33624) and driving 11 miles to Westshore Blvd. Most of those years, the commute was driven North/South on Dale Mabry Highway. Just before the Veteran's Expressway was finished, that 11-mile drive took 45 minutes door to door. During bad weather, it could double. I wanted to shoot myself by the time I got home. Fortunately, I was able to telecommute some of the time but I still had trips to the airport. When the Veteran's Expressway went into service, I thought it would be better, but it never proved to save me any time on my commute. Maybe when the tolls go all electronic there will be less bottlenecks, but there will always be mass numbers of people from the bedroom communities driving to the business centers. I think if anyone tells you differently, they either don't have experience or they have another agenda.

For your housing needs, I think you should look to the North and West particularly around Westchase (zip 33626), Citrus Park (zip 33625), and possibly Odessa (zip 33635). You will have to compromise on the age of the house and the school uniforms (for the most part) but they should have homes in the size and price range that you will need for your family.

[EDIT]: You will get a newer, larger, and cheaper house further to the north/south but the commute will take much longer that you wanted. Not a problem as long as you understand this before moving into something you might regret later.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 01-06-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay