Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 03:34 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,568,384 times

Advertisements

Straight out Mark O' Mara's mouth, (you all remember that guy don't you?)

"A felony in and of itself does not justify deadly force" On Escobar's claim of self defense "I would call that a Hail Mary pass"

"The use of deadly force is justified only if the fear of bodily harm is reasonable and if the felony is dangerous, regardless of the shooter's age"

I think with 28 years experience in criminal law, he knows a thing or two about self defense" I'll take his word for it.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Oh ....snip There's no need to walk around packing heat unless of course, you want something to happen.

That is purely your personal opinion and not the opinion of me and 1 million + Floridians and the millions of others from all the other states combined don't agree with you.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:21 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
And your point is....?

I agree with Mark O'Mara on that statement.

Then you get to the next point ..."how do you explain or apply it to this case...if applicable"....and how do you or I know what went through the older man's head at the time it happened.

We already determined that many others wouldn't react like Oulsen did and they would say "sorry" and keep watching. We all know that is not what Oulsen did....he took the popcorn and threw the popcorn which he had no reason to touch and no reason to throw in Reeves face so I don't see how Mark O'Mara's sentence can be used or abused for this case.

There might be more that we don't know and may find out later and that may change my opinion since I'm very open and not picking any side at this point since I don't know any of them and only know that what happened should not have happened and sadly it did happen.

I also know that a lot of bullies get away with bullying until the meet the wrong person....you can decide who the bully is and I can decide who I think the bully is with the info at hand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Straight out Mark O' Mara's mouth, (you all remember that guy don't you?)

"A felony in and of itself does not justify deadly force" On Escobar's claim of self defense "I would call that a Hail Mary pass"

"The use of deadly force is justified only if the fear of bodily harm is reasonable and if the felony is dangerous, regardless of the shooter's age"

I think with 28 years experience in criminal law, he knows a thing or two about self defense" I'll take his word for it.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 PM

56 posts, read 109,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just to be clear I'm not a cheerleader of anyone...you seem to have all your own facts and want to dismiss the facts as shown so far in court and on tape which clearly is showing who had the popcorn in his hand and what happened with that popcorn.

You are entitled to your own believes but facts are facts and we will see what the outcome is by a jury.

The only cheerleader I see so far without showing one grain of proof to back up the story seems to be you. Just because you don't agree with others doesn't give you the right to call me or someone else a cheerleader for Reeves!

I don't know any of the people involved and I was not a witness and not close to the place. I just stated what I see on ape and even stated things may be different but it clearly shows Oulsen not the person that some have made him out to be like he was a saint! He clearly didn't acted like most of us as adults will do and stop doing what he wasn't suppose to do in the first place in a theater....
So you mean to tell me without prejudice that you only see this guy throwing around opinions? I see plenty of statements and opinions made by others in favor of Reeves acting as though they were in the theater and saw the entire incident take place...

Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 PM

56 posts, read 109,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What could possibly be an acceptable reason to grab something out of someone's hand and throw it back at them?

How can it be seen as anything other than an act of overt physical aggression?

Don't most people assume if someone makes a physically aggressive move toward them there's more to come? Isn't the normal human reaction to physical aggression an instinctual fight or flight response?

Even more so, if there was also a cell phone thrown at Reeves face. I cant really tell from the videos I've seen. Pity the jurors in this case who will have to watch that eye straining/headache inducing video repeatedly!!
AGAIN.... None of us were there. Did Reeves threaten Oulson or his wife's life or threaten him in another way? Did something occur off camera beforehand? I do not nor does anyone on this forum know what precipitated his reaction... No matter how much anyone wants to cherry pick this incident to fit into a nice tidy little package to justify their OPINION...

Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-TAMPA View Post
So you mean to tell me without prejudice that you only see this guy throwing around opinions? I see plenty of statements and opinions made by others in favor of Reeves acting as though they were in the theater and saw the entire incident take place...
I think you should go to the post I quoted from that particular poster to see what he wrote about me and that was my response to his post.

I can't speak and won't speak for others. I can only speak for myself.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
AGAIN.... None of us were there. Did Reeves threaten Oulson or his wife's life or threaten him in another way? Did something occur off camera beforehand? I do not nor does anyone on this forum know what precipitated his reaction... No matter how much anyone wants to cherry pick this incident to fit into a nice tidy little package to justify their OPINION...
Indeed most of us were not present and probably none of us.

But that doesn't mean you can question why someone feels entitled to take someone's popcorn and throw it in the person who bought the popcorn or at least was holding it...in their face!

That is an anger issue unless the other person did something similar before and then it is called an eye for an eye but so far we haven't heard that.

We did hear that afterwards the gun was fired and the other person ended up dead.

What happened before, during and afterwards will probably come out at the trial...until then we can only discuss what we know so far and things can be different when more facts come out but without having more facts we can judge on the facts we have and our judgment can change when we get more facts.

When it just had happened I had a different opinion as I have right now and I have an open mind to any new info....that's because I don't know either side...

Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,378,124 times
Quote:

I agree none of us can know exactly what happened at this point. And we may never know. Just saying in running through every imaginable possibility I cant see how grabbing something out of someone's hands and throwing it back at them is anything other than overt physical aggression.

I cant see it being a defensive response to a threat to Oulson or his wife because its not a move that's going to protect you. Blind rage maybe in response to a threat or an attempt to intimidate possibly......but either of those are still overt physical aggression which could indicate more to come in the mind of most people.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 PM

35,357 posts, read 20,722,137 times
All I know this law has to change... and become more precise, it's too open to personal interpretation and the spirit of the law againts the letter of the law seem to clash with these cases of SYG.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:12 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,610,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Yeah but you gun nuts secretly long for the days of the old west where everybody around you is armed, and there's that slight tension in the air. That's exciting to you isn't it? "An armed society is a polite society", all that BS.
Just because some of us can separate fact from fiction doesn't make us gun nuts. I don't believe anyone has called you a gun grabber, so why try to insult people with different opinions than you?

Never mind. I know how folks are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay