Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 05:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Jambo, I think you're exactly right. There probably wasn't anything "kindly" about the way Reeves asked him to stop texting. Any reasonable person would have just switched seats instead of escalating the situation.

There wasn't anything kindly about it. First off look at how Reeves talked to his own wife by telling her to keep her mouth shut.

He's a real prince...LOL.

He is a known hothead, this wasn't his first run in over him being annoyed with someone texting.

He didn't say "excuse me kind sir could you please be courteous enough to stop texting on your cell phone, thank you"...let's get real.

And the kicker is Reeves was doing the same thing, by texting is son.

He is part of the "do as I say not as I do crowd".

Last edited by Sunscape; 03-17-2014 at 04:35 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 06:34 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There wasn't anything kindly about it. First off look at how Reeves talked to his own wife by telling her to keep her f**king mouth shut.

He's a real prince...LOL.

He is a known hothead, this wasn't his first run in over him being annoyed with someone texting.

He didn't say "excuse me kind sir could you please be courteous enough to stop texting on your cell phone, thank you"...let's get real.

And the kicker is Reeves was doing the same thing, by texting is son.

He is part of the "do as I say not as I do crowd".
This says a lot about the type of man he is.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
This says a lot about the type of man he is.
Because at that time he knew that whatever his wife was saying will be used against him. Talk about knowing what you are doing......

Old 03-14-2014, 08:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
I think anyone who thinks Reeves responded proportionately to the victim throwing popcorn really needs to have their head examined...Reeves will never see the light of day...I have a feeling Reeves won't even make it through a trial...the weight of his actions will get to his elderly constitution...his best hope is pleading some sort of diminished capacity from dementia or some other elder related medical condition and serve his time in a medical lock-up...

Old 03-15-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think anyone who thinks Reeves responded proportionately to the victim throwing popcorn really needs to have their head examined...Reeves will never see the light of day...I have a feeling Reeves won't even make it through a trial...the weight of his actions will get to his elderly constitution...his best hope is pleading some sort of diminished capacity from dementia or some other elder related medical condition and serve his time in a medical lock-up...
I agree.

I'm not sure that he'll never see the light of day though. All it takes is one bozo gun nut on the jury and he could walk.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post

Couldn't agree more on the "head examined" comment.

But I also wouldn't bet money that he won't get off. Have to remember what state this occurred in.

People get away with murdering their own kids in FL.

The drunk/reckless driver who killed two college kids walking on the sidewalk from their hotel jobs, oh he was going to go to jail for a long time(yeah right), not in FL, he got 12 yrs and took almost 3 yrs to bring him to trial.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:06 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, this theater was fully a "no cell phone zone" (as well as a "no gun zone"). He should not have been using his cell phone at all within the auditorium (not that I'm supporting the shooter, just clarifying that particular point).
Total BS. This theather is not a "a no cell phone zone". And the massage asking to turn off cell phones normally airs after the preview and before movie starts.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Total BS. This theather is not a "a no cell phone zone". And the massage asking to turn off cell phones normally airs after the preview and before movie starts.
<sigh>

You can actually go to their website and see the cellphone prohibition warnings.

Cobb Theatres / Grove 16 & CineBistro / Wesley Chapel FL / 33544
Click on the "No Tolerance Policy" link on the left side:

Quote:
At Cobb Theatres, we are dedicated to ensuring a quality movie experience for all guests. For this reason, please note our Zero Tolerance Policy regarding the following:
  • Use of cell phone (including talking and/or texting) or other electronic devices while inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited.
  • No excessive or loud talking.
  • No use of profanity.
  • No disruptive behaviors of any kind, including signs of intoxication.
  • No outside food or beverage of any kind.
  • Opened or unopened alcohol is not permitted to be taken out of the building.
  • Cobb Theatres is committed to being a drug-free environment. No possession and/or use of illegal drugs of any kind.
  • No possession of weapons of any kind is permitted on property.
  • Proper and neat attire at the sole discretion of Management.
  • Recording or taking still photos of any performance is a crime and will be prosecuted.
  • Not responsible for lost or stolen items left behind.
Please report any of these instances to Management. Failure to adhere to any of these policies will result in expulsion from the premise. No refunds given.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
<sigh>

You can actually go to their website and see the cellphone prohibition warnings.

Cobb Theatres / Grove 16 & CineBistro / Wesley Chapel FL / 33544
Click on the "No Tolerance Policy" link on the left side:
That part is very clear. The rest will come out during trial. We never know what info is kept just for trial.

We have seen surprising info coming out at other trials or unexpected things one side will come up with.

With the info we have the shooter will never come out of prison but any new info may reduce his sentence.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:20 AM

Is it really going to make a difference if the theatre has a cellphone policy? So what if someone breaks the policy. He should have changed seats or let management handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay