Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 07:10 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That doesnt change much, but it does indicate the character of Mr. O.

I didnt see it posted, but the lady Reeves allegedly harassed earlier is NOT going to be called as a witness.
I guess her desire for 15 minutes of fame did not pan out. Other witnesses that prosecution was going to use are also off the witness list.
Yes, it changes a lot!

And taking witnesses one by one just shows how the defense it getting rid of valuable people... At the end of the day jury will have no idea this old a***l harassed someone else prior to that...

Old 11-11-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Those who argued that texting was the reason for the shooting simply wanted to disregard everything else.

The texting was well over and done with when Mr. R shot Mr. O.

Mr. O was shot for launching a verbal and physical attack upon Mr. R.

What's the question?
Weird, but I've got a different vibe from all these...

Old MF killed someone just because he felt so, because OMG, he is an old macho, she has a permit and old police badge in his pocket, so he can use his go whenever he wants.... What a looser.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Mr. O was shot for launching a verbal and physical attack upon Mr. R.

What's the question?
I go to a lot of movies and before the movie starts it seems almost every one is engaged with their phones most often quietly texting away a practice i cant see as a bother to any one,so why did it bother Mr Reeves?.
The question i would have is what was Mr Reeves reason and demeanor in asking Mr Oulson to terminate his phone activity well before the houselights had dimmed,was it a polite request or was it more along the lines of Turn the f...ing phone off ahole you are bothering me..

Old 11-12-2014, 04:29 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
What this revelation does for me is cause me to question the rest of the narrative...

Old 11-12-2014, 05:51 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
What this revelation does for me is cause me to question the rest of the narrative...
"The narrative" does not come from one person, but from several witnesses. Regardless who he was texting, IMO the most significant facto in terms of a self-defense consideration is that Reeves completely left the confrontation and then returned to it.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
We can go on and on with our opinions on the story, when does the actual trial start?

Old 11-12-2014, 06:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Yes, it changes a lot!

And taking witnesses one by one just shows how the defense it getting rid of valuable people... At the end of the day jury will have no idea this old a***l harassed someone else prior to that...
The prosecution decided not to call those witnesses. Defense does not dictate who prosecution calls as witnesses.

It is apparent that Mr. Reeves never harassed anybody in the past.

Put down the misguided emotions and follow the known facts.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We can go on and on with our opinions on the story, when does the actual trial start?
at the beginning of 2015, but I bet his lawyers will try to take any evidence or witness report out... no evidence = no case => no conviction

any person with the brain will see there were no danger to old a***l's life, he was just too unstable mentally... there were NO reasons to use the gun whatsoever. Let's home you will get jury with the brain this time... speaking of jury. I hope everyone knows how much they are getting paid and most people with IQ higher that animal are most likely employed and will find excuses not to waste time and paycheck on long trails, so we will be faced with retired folks or some low chain people and they will be on old a***l side and pro-gun....

Old 11-12-2014, 07:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
at the beginning of 2015, but I bet his lawyers will try to take any evidence or witness report out... no evidence = no case => no conviction

any person with the brain will see there were no danger to old a***l's life, he was just too unstable mentally... there were NO reasons to use the gun whatsoever. Let's home you will get jury with the brain this time... speaking of jury. I hope everyone knows how much they are getting paid and most people with IQ higher that animal are most likely employed and will find excuses not to waste time and paycheck on long trails, so we will be faced with retired folks or some low chain people and they will be on old a***l side and pro-gun....
It is apparent that you do not know how the U.S. Court system works and have no respect for it.

What evidence do you have that Mr. Reeves was "unstable mentally" ??

Old 11-12-2014, 08:27 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
It is apparent that you do not know how the U.S. Court system works and have no respect for it.

What evidence do you have that Mr. Reeves was "unstable mentally" ??
He shot/killed a guy for flinging popcorn at him, oh yeah then told his wife to shut the f up. If I go by your narrative then he shot a guy because he thought he might get punched, and we all you know you get punched you die so clearly the guy flinched and he shot him, that sounds stable to me. To the original update, so the guy lied about why he was using his phone that doesn't change anything, is not like he testified in court, he told the old guy who was giving him crap about using the phone, that seems like pretty normal behavior my phone rings when I am in the middle of a conversation often, sometimes I say "I got to take this" you know what often I dont have to take the call at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay