Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
surely he did not shoot to solve an argument. He shot to protect himself from further bodily harm as the victim escalated the situation to a physical altercation.

Why doesn't anyone understand that. Victim escalated it. Not the shooter.
Please explain. Are we talking about throwing popcorn warranting return fire?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Does not matter when it was or what was happening. Why should anyone have to change what they were legally doing when someone has not acted in a civil manner? What gave the victim the right to assault the shooter? By moving to another seat is like having to cross to the other side if you
see someone walking your way and feel suspicious or afraid of harm. Your thinking makes you the victim of someone else's behavior and that behavior interferes with your rights. If you are so
happy to give up your right to sit where you want in a theater I do feel sorry for you.
Well now he is sitting in jail!

Old 01-15-2014, 01:44 PM

652 posts, read 1,653,064 times
Quote:
Next time some one throws something at you or hits you for no reason except for the fact that you ratted them out remember to just walk away smiling.
I will, while you will shoot and kill the child at the state fair who threw cotton candy at you and you will spend the rest of your life in jail or be put to death in jail.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:44 PM

892 posts, read 1,577,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Please explain. Are we talking about throwing popcorn warranting return fire?
I was wondering the same thing?......

When the heck did it "get physical"?......

Popcorn landing on you warrants murdering someone?

What am I missing here?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I was wondering the same thing?......

When the heck did it "get physical"?......

Popcorn landing on you warrants murdering someone?

What am I missing here?
The old man felt disrespected because he is an old curmudgeon who always got his way and now wants to say he was hit with an unknown object, maybe he thought they were cotton balls.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:50 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
This time bomb followed a woman, who had been texting next to him, to the Ladies Room the week before. Hey, she stoped texting next to you when she had to PEE. Loose cannons with guns.

Far too many of them in Florida, and the NRA and the State with their 2nd Amendment Rights just feeds the frenzy.

People don't settle arguments with fists anymore, but with guns?. Bang, you are DEAD. It is your RIGHT to own a GUN. Well, what about everyone else's rights? Nope, only GUNNERS have rights. Die, you wimps!!!!

Old 01-15-2014, 01:53 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
I realize my point is logical and reasonable. A posting started attacking the shooter before the victim was cold.

This was not an angry thug shooting someone because they "disrespected" him, it was a reaction to a physical attack.

Yeah, sometimes its better to walk away. Sometimes though the other party wants to keep it going,escalate it, continue with a verbal attack, assault the other guy. Once that assault happens all bets are off.

The victim should have gotten up and moved away. It was he who had the problem and it was he who apparently stood up to argue with the shooter after the shooter came back to his seat. It was he that turned into an assault.

Surely if victim kept cool, calm and collected or left the scene, he would be alive to text another day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm not sure if you're just trying to be contrarian - you make some good, logical points. One thing is usually the first story coming out in the press is filled with speculation and half truths. There's probably more to the story thn anyone outside of the theater is aware of and it'll come out in court. Legally the oldtimer might have been within his rights if his lawyer can show a bodily harm threat - but common sense wise, the oldtimer could have de-escalated the problem by moving or leaving. Sometimes it's better to walk the other way rather than trying to prove a point.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
surely he did not shoot to solve an argument. He shot to protect himself from further bodily harm as the victim escalated the situation to a physical altercation.

Why doesn't anyone understand that. Victim escalated it. Not the shooter.

Hey Spring....

I know we don't see eye to eye on many issues regarding Florida, ect......

But I've got to say....

You are just WAAAAAAAAAAAY OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF on this one.

Are you being serious with these posts or sarcastic?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I realize my point is logical and reasonable. A posting started attacking the shooter before the victim was cold.

This was not an angry thug shooting someone because they "disrespected" him, it was a reaction to a physical attack.

Yeah, sometimes its better to walk away. Sometimes though the other party wants to keep it going,escalate it, continue with a verbal attack, assault the other guy. Once that assault happens all bets are off.

The victim should have gotten up and moved away. It was he who had the problem and it was he who apparently stood up to argue with the shooter after the shooter came back to his seat. It was he that turned into an assault.

Surely if victim kept cool, calm and collected or left the scene, he would be alive to text another day.
The victim did not deserve to be shot. Period.

See where you slip up, why are you referring to him as a victim if you feel he is at fault?

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-15-2014 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:

What "physical attack"??????????????

What "assault"??????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay