Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 01:58 PM

652 posts, read 1,652,440 times

Advertisements

If someone threw popcorn at me I would say, ha ha fool, made you waster your money, not shoot them.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:58 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Hey D-R-B -- Yeah, I know, but look at the facts. Take any personal feelings out of it. Write it down, step by step. The man was assaulted. The man legally took the necessary steps to prevent further harm to himself. What's the problem with that?

If somebody walks up to you and says "your a jerk" and then throws something at you what do you do? You defend yourself right?

He did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Hey Spring....

I know we don't see eye to eye on many issues regarding Florida, ect......

But I've got to say....

You are just WAAAAAAAAAAAY OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF on this one.

Are you being serious with these posts or sarcastic?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:59 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
In Springs defense...he isn't a "troll"...he is just deeply entrenched in his point of view and therefore sees no shade of gray in matters of gun (and the merits of Spring Hill)...we can all disagree without becoming disagreeable...can't we???

Old 01-15-2014, 02:01 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
It's not about agreement, but reading Springs posts are at the very least is offensive to people who knew Chad. Last time I checked you were not there when everything happened. But you are trying to find lame excuses for someone who KILLED unarmed person. How simple is that?
I am wondering if anyone in your family was killed in similar manner... your reaction were the same?
*********, killers belong to jail and there are no excuses for people who don't have enough brain to control themselves!

Old 01-15-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
If someone threw popcorn at me I would say, ha ha fool, made you waster your money, not shoot them.
wrong!!!
LOL
you HAVE to kill for that. period.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:03 PM

652 posts, read 1,652,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
In Springs defense...he isn't a "troll"...he is just deeply entrenched in his point of view and therefore sees no shade of gray in matters of gun (and the merits of Spring Hill)...we can all disagree without becoming disagreeable...can't we???
I am not anti gun, but if you have one and kill someone over stupidity you need to pay for your crime.

Both parties were wrong, but the one who chose deadly use of force does not deserve to ever see the light of day, and to imply that the victim deserved to be killed is beyond offensive to any one with common sense and a heart.

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-15-2014 at 03:08 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Hey D-R-B -- Yeah, I know, but look at the facts. Take any personal feelings out of it. Write it down, step by step. The man was assaulted. The man legally took the necessary steps to prevent further harm to himself. What's the problem with that?

If somebody walks up to you and says "your a jerk" and then throws something at you what do you do? You defend yourself right?

He did.

Well.....

I'm 6 feet tall, 220 lbs and built like a linebacker.....

So....that type of thing doesn't really happen to me very often (if ever)...

However....

If it did I would (in my drill sergeant voice) fire an insult back at the a-hole and call it a day....

At the absolute worst....it would get physical between us if things continued to escalate...

But he wouldn't get shot because I don't own a gun or carry a gun into public places.....

Mainly because I'm not a p#ssy.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
What you dont know if what actions the victim took after throwing the pop corn or what he said to the shooter. I would have done the same thing, tell him he's a fool, return to the management and have him ejected from the theater.

The question here was shooter in his legal rights to use deadly force. The answer is clearly yes.

I am not advocating that a person kill or harm someone because of such an incident, but there is more to the situation than everybody is seeing right now. Everyone is letting their emotions get in the way and seeing only one side of the equation. We MUST look at both sides of the story and weigh it in order to come up with a reasonable solution.

2nd degree murder? This isnt even manslaughter. Manslaughter is defined as the unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:13 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,121 times
Quote:

He did.
Yes, they call you a jerk and throw something at you...then you pull out a gun and shoot them. Seems logical.

^^ Okay, I'm done here.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
What you dont know if what actions the victim took after throwing the pop corn or what he said to the shooter. I would have done the same thing, tell him he's a fool, return to the management and have him ejected from the theater.

The question here was shooter in his legal rights to use deadly force. The answer is clearly yes.

I am not advocating that a person kill or harm someone because of such an incident, but there is more to the situation than everybody is seeing right now. Everyone is letting their emotions get in the way and seeing only one side of the equation. We MUST look at both sides of the story and weigh it in order to come up with a reasonable solution.

2nd degree murder? This isnt even manslaughter. Manslaughter is defined as the unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.
^^^ This is exactly why we need a new gun law.
There are some weird thinking people...... Ok, let me say this way - don't go to movie theaters in Spring Hill with your phones on... just in case. Don't look at anyone, don't smile...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay