Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

just got out of a movie at the other Wesley Chapel/Bruce B. Downs Muvico Theater (Lone Survivor) -

after the SD shooting, I'm always leery about theaters -- never know what kind of nutjob is in there watching some violence-laden movie for entertainment purposes......

RIP to the victim.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:37 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Another version of events might be that the 71 year old retired cop went and reported the cell-phone user to management, and was assaulted when he returned to his seat. Doesn't make as exciting a story but maybe the facts will eventually trickle out.
Yes resolving our issues without harming others. That would make sense but when you have a gun, I guess that is the easy lazy way out.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:45 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I am now getting the details on this matter. Earlier I only had a flash that a shooting occurred over somebody texting in a movie house.

I am shocked to hear the assailant was retired LEO with further firearms training. That man needs to be put away for the rest of his life.

As far as this generation,I agree. Nobody to blame but ourselves (but I didnt have kids).
Yes, people have become concerned with little more than how much money they have, or can get and themselves. It seems like we have regressed to cave man days. A man went out and hunted and the man with the most property, i.e. food, shelter, water, was the top guy. Now the important things are different. Latest cellphone, latest computer, latest car, biggest house, most money.

Weed cities? Yes, probably will go nationally legal. Hopefully that will decrease the sales of alcohol. Tens of thousands of Americans die every year as a direct result of alcohol. To date, nobody has been killed as a direct use of marijuana. The marijuana prohibition was really dumb and the work of a few industrialists and their bought politicians.

Many, OK too many, people have been born into this world unwanted and uncared for. As these people grow up they are exposed to a hellish life which they accept as normal and continue along the same lines.

Anyway, back to this shooting. It shows that gun isnt the problem. It is those who possess the gun that are the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Tolerance lost Spring Hillian... that's what happened, He retired, got old maybe has battle wounds and probably couldn't take it any more. BUT there is no one to blame but ourselves for this generation. between the politicking and money hungry folks, and only being concerned about our own, we have allowed much to happen, and wait,,, more to come, weed cities galore,, just watch. Today was listening also how they are closing a special gals half way house, BECAUSE the parents must be involved in the program,, they closed not for lack of funds but interest on the parents to fix their wayward kids/ .. sad day for all of both families, hope the lady will be OK

Old 01-13-2014, 04:45 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
just got out of a movie at the other Wesley Chapel/Bruce B. Downs Muvico Theater (Lone Survivor) -
How is that theater these days? I haven't been there in probably six years. At the time they were kind of letting it get run down; sticky floors, dirty seats, etc.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Nicole Oulson put her hand in front of her husband and one bullet struck both of them. Chad Oulson, 43, died, and Nicole Oulson, 33, was treated for a gunshot wound to the hand, the sheriff’s office said.

Developing story: One dead, another wounded after Wesley Chapel theater shooting

Old 01-13-2014, 04:48 PM

Yes. Epidemic indeed. No regard for human life, indeed. Not want to help fellow citizens. Yes.

Yes, it breeds intolerance and lack of respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
I have lived abroad and I can tell you that this wild west attitude is not helping this situation. I think it is an epidemic, there is no regard for human life anymore. This country does not want to help fellow citizens. It breeds intolerance and a lack of respect for human life.
I watched the local news tonight and they talked to witnesses. A few of the witnesses helped restrain the shooter until police got there.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
How is that theater these days? I haven't been there in probably six years. At the time they were kind of letting it get run down; sticky floors, dirty seats, etc.
I'm attentive to the stuff you mention and didn't see any of that. It is a very nice theater (seating, sound system, bathrooms, etc). Staff were very cordial.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:51 PM

So I guess a retired LEO is a half wit?

How did the NRA in any way shape or form have anything to do with this incident.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
The NRA has everything to do with the proliferation of half wits feeling they need to carry a weapon everywhere. This POS was just another "law abiding gun owner" up to the point he wasn't. Too bad two people had to be shot so he could feel all safey-wafey in a movie theater.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:51 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,191 times
why is a gun necessary in a movie theatre? I just dont get it.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:53 PM

I agree `100 pct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Have we become this intolerant as a society here in the US that we think it is OK to shot and kill someone over a phone or texting? I teach my 4 yr old son to be kind to one another and work through his emotions and anger in a calm manner. What is wrong with adults? If they cant be trusted to be calm and settle arguments with there words, how can they be trusted with deadly weapons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay