Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 06:17 PM

30,175 posts, read 20,894,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Spring,

Are you married?...

And if so....

What is your wife's opinion on this situation?
Waiting for this one.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:24 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,924,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Since nobody here was at the scene we are all presuming what happened to lead up to one man killing another. However, I look at things logically and my logical thinking leads me to believe that the shooter was protecting himself from bodily harm.

The victim, if anyone, is the one who should have sought another seat to avoid further confrontation resulting from an issue that he was responsible for.
Don't you think you are speculating too much here? Your logic is concluding that it was self defense. The only thing you use to support your logic is that a trained cop wouldn't shoot a gun so easily. You are not using any testimony or reports, you are basing it on what you think. I agree when you say we don't have enough facts to draw a conclusion, but you just did the same even with less facts. My guess is you made up your mind the minute you heard he is a cop. Cops are humans and not all are mentally stable or rational people.

IMO these were two aggressive hotheads who instead of walking away kept coming back for more. Either one could have moved to another seat as the theater was almost empty.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:43 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,568,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If you bothered to read it, I said I was also speculating. I am just going with logic over emotions.

I do not believe that anyone pulls a gun and shoots someone else for no reason at all unless they are criminals and with criminals all bets are off. We have a man, 71 years old, retired LEO, head of the SWAT team, head of security at a major theme park. A solid citizen.

Then we have so 40 something guy who apparently is a person who enjoyed thrill, action, adventure.
To me those types of people usually have a "my crap doesn't stink" attitude and play the role of "joe tough guy". He pushed his luck too far.

You and many others here have used YOUR logic, or lack thereof, to immediately brand the shooter as a mentally incompetent angry old man.

You have your opinion of what went down and I have mine. But since you do not approve of my logical assumptions it annoys you to the point of your continually questioning my opinion.

That's fine. But if you disagree with my point of view, please deliver a point of view that weighs the known facts of the situation instead of thinking the victim was Mr. Goody Good Guy. He should have:
1. Respected the request of a fellow customer since he was acting outside of the accepted standards by using his phone in the theater.

2. Sucked it up after the got reported for his violation of the policy instead of first verbally, then physically assaulting the shooter.

3. He instead of loosing his temper with the man who angered him he and his wife should have moved to another part of the theater and enjoy the movie.

After all, why should a paying customer be denied the right to enjoy the previews without being annoyed by someone not following the rules.

I anticipate your first response is going to be "well, the shooter broke the rules by having a gun in the theater". That "rule" may be simply to avoid liability in the event a shoot out takes place in their theater
and someone tries to sue them for not posting -a firearms ban when they knew that there have been previous shootings in theaters.

k
That's giving him way to much credit. He's a heartless, selfish, hotheaded, murdering control freak and a coward. Funny how your hero, who is so concerned about bodily harm and his personal safety, is now locked up in a place amongst the very people most likely to do him serious harm if given the chance. Surely as a former cop he should also know medical care is usually inadequate and sketchy in jail too.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,169,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Don't you think you are speculating too much here? Your logic is concluding that it was self defense. The only thing you use to support your logic is that a trained cop wouldn't shoot a gun so easily. You are not using any testimony or reports, you are basing it on what you think. I agree when you say we don't have enough facts to draw a conclusion, but you just did the same even with less facts. My guess is you made up your mind the minute you heard he is a cop. Cops are humans and not all are mentally stable or rational people.

IMO these were two aggressive hotheads who instead of walking away kept coming back for more. Either one could have moved to another seat as the theater was almost empty.

At the end of the day the old man went outside the theatre to his car and got the gun. PERIOD. He could have easily gone to mgmt and gotten his money back and gone to a different showing time or moved to a completely different seat. But NO he got a GUN and KILLED my friend.

There's nothing else anyone can say to this. END OF STORY

Old 01-16-2014, 06:56 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,775,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
At the end of the day the old man went outside the theatre to his car and got the gun. PERIOD. He could have easily gone to mgmt and gotten his money back and gone to a different showing time or moved to a completely different seat. But NO he got a GUN and KILLED my friend.

Seriously? Are you making the claim that he made a special trip out to his car after the conflict began, went out and got his gun and then came back in with it? Really?

What's your source on this?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:01 PM

892 posts, read 1,568,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

Wow.

I hadn't heard that....

If that's true....seems to me like that's premeditated murder

I am sorry that you lost your friend....

This situation is just terrible.

Where you at now Spring Hillian?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:14 PM

30,175 posts, read 20,894,173 times
Quote:
Wow.

I hadn't heard that....

Checking the crime reports in my hood.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:21 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
Quote:
Wow.

I hadn't heard that....

You believe one poster right away without proof? Maybe it is true or maybe not. Is is the first time I hear about him leaving the theater and unless there is proof I don't buy it.

I find find it unbelievable that people can't stop using their phone in a movie theater when it is clearly shown on the screen when they need to be turned off...

Again that justify a shooting and killing but the other couple stated they also were texting when this shooter asked them to stop which shows it happens a lot and can be annoying.

When you drive on the road daily you see a lot of road rage and when I was younger I would also get upset, now I let someone pass who is in such a hurry and can't get rid of the feeling that a cop maybe down the road to stop the person to issue a ticket of speeding so I gladly let them pass.

In the movies if someone is annoying I will move to sit else where but unfortunately it is not always possible.

The shooter probably wishes he had done it and he will have years to think about that one split second of stupidity that cost a persons life....others may think twice when they txt at the movies.

I'm guilty of using my phone almost all day due to my line of work and I txt so much but in the movies I will turn my phone off since I'm there to see the movie even though in the past I also have been guilty of sending a txt during a movie but after seeing how annoying it could be I just put my phone away for the last 3 movies I have seen...at home I txt during almost all movies.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 PM

892 posts, read 1,568,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You believe one poster right away without proof? Maybe it is true or maybe not. Is is the first time I hear about him leaving the theater and unless there is proof I don't buy it.

I find find it unbelievable that people can't stop using their phone in a movie theater when it is clearly shown on the screen when they need to be turned off...

Again that justify a shooting and killing but the other couple stated they also were texting when this shooter asked them to stop which shows it happens a lot and can be annoying.

When you drive on the road daily you see a lot of road rage and when I was younger I would also get upset, now I let someone pass who is in such a hurry and can't get rid of the feeling that a cop maybe down the road to stop the person to issue a ticket of speeding so I gladly let them pass.

In the movies if someone is annoying I will move to sit else where but unfortunately it is not always possible.

The shooter probably wishes he had done it and he will have years to think about that one split second of stupidity that cost a persons life....others may think twice when they txt at the movies.

I'm guilty of using my phone almost all day due to my line of work and I txt so much but in the movies I will turn my phone off since I'm there to see the movie even though in the past I also have been guilty of sending a txt during a movie but after seeing how annoying it could be I just put my phone away for the last 3 movies I have seen...at home I txt during almost all movies.

I'll tell you what's annoying.....

"Selective reading" on this forum.....

I said...."I hadn't heard that"

And "if that's true"

Just read my post again and you'll see it.....

Or maybe not.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 PM

7,115 posts, read 8,600,209 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what's annoying.....

"Selective reading" on this forum.....

I said...."I hadn't heard that"

And "if that's true"

Just read my post again and you'll see it.....

Or maybe not.
I hadn't heard that either (old guy going to car)...if that is true...stick a fork in him...he's done...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay