Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
What is the point of having concealed carry if not to bring it to a public place? Oh, I forgot, you don't like guns to begin with, so therefore those who want to carry are nuts by virtue and they should all just be banned to solve problems like these.

Yes....that's correct....

I'm not a big fan of people walking around with guns in public.

But I do understand and respect their right to do so...

Just as they should respect my right to think that it sucks....

I am a military veteran....and I was a small arms marksman with an M-16

And I left that stuff in the military where it belongs in my opinion.

And this situation at the movie theater does a pretty good job of making my point.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
One thing I have to agree and at the same time disagree about is that pictures don't always tell the complete story.

Martin McNeill pictures look gorgeous and he is now guilty of murdering his wife.

One of my friends has also beautiful pictures and they seem to have it all and than we all were shocked about the announcement of the divorce and if you look at their face book pictures there is nothing showing that they were not getting along at all.

Another friend of mine posted great pictures of a vacation and I told her that it looked so perfect and than she started to tell me how bad it was and ever since than we speak often about a lot of things going on in her families life and I can tell you that face book picture and posting will not show depression or how a person behaves if that person posts all positive and happy things.

I bet some sex offenders can post nice pictures too.

All I can say is that he looked good and so does his family and dead is the ultimate price and not something that should have happened but it doesn't tell me if he was a bully or not...still not justifying someone else to kill him.

Years back in Europe they showed the same video on the news in Belgium, Germany, France and holland and an expert showed what in each country was told by the news presentation team and it was a total different story and if you see the same video with a different explanation it seems the images change in front of you...very strange to see that and it made me see that it is not always what you see or want to see.
How does this work? During the Trayvon Trial I remember you were one of the posters classifying him as a wanna be thug, drug dealer because of a few pictures on his facebook, now we have a ton of pictures depicting this guy as committed father but lets not pass judgement based on pictures?, You keep calling the guy a bully insinuating things with no basis and then you say "not that it has to do with anything" then why keep repeating it.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
How does this work? During the Trayvon Trial I remember you were one of the posters classifying him as a wanna be thug, drug dealer because of a few pictures on his facebook, now we have a ton of pictures depicting this guy as committed father but lets not pass judgement based on pictures?, You keep calling the guy a bully insinuating things with no basis and then you say "not that it has to do with anything" then why keep repeating it.
Well if you show up on face book like a "thug" and want to show gang behavior with a gun and other sign of gang related things than that shows your image...that doesn't mean he can have a different side.

The other man who sadly lost his life may also have a different side other than what the pictures showed...so there is nothing strange to what I stated back than and now!

Usually when people who a rough edge with pictures with guns and I don't mean a picture going to a shooting range as a sport but shooting pictures showing yourself like a gang member and the defense lawyer is trying to say how sweet the guy was and leaving out the other thing than I feel like they think we are dumb and have no brains.

On top of that there was proof Trevor Martin was suspended from school for bad behavior.

So you have to re-read my posts better.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:41 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post

And this situation at the movie theater does a pretty good job of making my point.
Thank you for having common sense and being a reasonable human. Many of us feel like you.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Wasn't there a whole OUTSIDE the texting fool have gone to so he could play with his toy without offending others? There's a reason the theater has rules AGAINST cell phones inside the auditorium, before, during, and after the main feature. That means 'don't bring your silly toys in here...they're offensive'.

And why do you call elderly people old farts? Did your parents raise you to call them 'old farts'?
As a matter of fact my father used to call himself an "old fart". And that was after he moved to Florida.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:02 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,089 times
Quote:

Thank you for your service. We'll just have to agree to disagree on carrying concealed.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:30 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what's annoying.....

"Selective reading" on this forum.....

I said...."I hadn't heard that"

And "if that's true"

Just read my post again and you'll see it.....

Or maybe not.
Very true as I don't like that either. But there are 50+ pages on this thread alone and most posts provide ZERO facts, just speculation. So I am trying to weed through all of that.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Very true as I don't like that either. But there are 50+ pages on this thread alone and most posts provide ZERO facts, just speculation. So I am trying to weed through all of that.
There aren't many facts known yet. Much won't come out until the trial.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Exactly...some are stating "facts" without it being mentioned anywhere else other than in someone's post, and some posters are immediately jumping on that like it is already confirmed to be true.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
You are more than welcome to disagree with my opinion. You make it sound like he threw individual pieces of popcorn but so far its known that he threw the container. One could easily assume the next thing to be thrown would be a punch of the introduction of a weapon.

Quote:
What you are saying is that it's perfectly acceptable to shoot and kill a man for yelling, screaming, and "jumping up and down" in front of someone and then throwing popcorn on them...

I disagree with that ridiculous, garbage opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay