Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 12:08 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
As a LEO- HOW many times was HE forced to use restarints in fear of his life on the streets? If he said "I will show you..."-- now it was revenge. Not is all out,,, slow but sure all will come out and I will say again and again, the 2nd degree murder was not charged on something that could NOt stick.. and Springhillian, come on buddy, sometimes you are just wrong. People cannot pick fights and then turn around and react with deadly violence because you are scared. Think 1/2The case of the man who sot the kid with the loud booming car radio is up soon. see the news, he too was in fear for his life after he jumped on the guys for playing loud music.

Exactly. You decide to start a confrontation and than when it doesn't go the way you wanted it to, so you pull out a gun and shoot someone.

One of my pet peeves(and very prevalent in FL) is people who just park or leave their cars running in strip malls in the no parking zone, no consideration for pedestrians or other cars that have to maneuver around them. When they can drive 50 feet and pull into a space.

A few years back around Christmas I walked over and politely said to one of these people "your car is not supposed to be parked here, you're making it hard for other drivers".

I was told to go F myself....LOL.

I was more angry at myself for wasting my time and energy thinking my comment was going to change their behavior....it wasn't.

Lesson learned.

If the victim was texting/talking during the movie that is one thing, but he wasn't.

And confronting him(we all know it wasn't a polite "excuse me sir could you please turn off your cell phone, thank you so much" scenario) wasn't going to result in a positive reaction.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:36 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I would be sure that the shooter had been in a grocery store,et al for many years and he never had to pull his weapon much less fire it. So suddenly he is some maniac? He carried a gun for years. No incidents where he threatened anyone. Surely he was in situations where he got angry, we all do, but he didnt shoot the cause of his anger.

If victim was so "innocent" he wouldnt be facing the shooter yelling at him and throwing anything at the shooter.

If victim would not have escalated the situation after shooter returned to his seat he would still be alive today. We reap what we sow.
well, not I am not sure if this killer will not shoot someone at grocery store... don't you remember the shooter was a good guy XX years ago... but now he is a KILLER!

Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Again I'm not in favor of the shooter so please don't get me wrong.
Even though you wrote this ^^ it still looks like you are in killers favor here...

Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
He did know what it was, by witness accounts he was very well aware that it was popcorn.
Fine. He knew it was popcorn. However, he did not know what was coming next. Thus the fear issue.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
well, not I am not sure if this killer will not shoot someone at grocery store... don't you remember the shooter was a good guy XX years ago... but now he is a KILLER!

Nobody is sure if he will or will not shoot someone at a grocery store.

yes, he was a good guy up until the moment he fired that shot.

whether or not he was legally within his rights to shoot or not is the question. Nothing else.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
After you have witnesses on the record saying that the shooter stated "ill teach you not to throw popcorn" or something of the kind, and the accused did not dispute that he did say that, it is done no more excuses nothing to explain, clearly he shot him for throwing popcorn at him, he got popcorn thrown at his face and he thought oh now i am going to shoot this guy, but first let me tell him whats coming to him then ill shoot him, then he shot him, it was not reactionary it was thought out, someone who thinks the correct response to someone throwing popcorn in your face is shooting him should not be in society.
You made a good point I missed... the shooter knew that it was popcorn flying into his face and now his defense team is trying to play the card "shooter was hit by unknown dark objects"... Good luck.

As more defense attorneys I watch, as more I hate this type of lawyers.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM

The thing here is Reeves did not start a confrontation. He asked the victim to stop texting.
the victim continued to text. Reeves went to report the problem and returned to his seat.
Victim got up, faced him, started yelling at him, threw the popcorn at him. THOSE ARE CRIMINAL ACTIONS.

Reeves reacted by puling a weapon killing his assailant.

end of story.

Yes, sometimes people do stand or park in the fire zone which is illegal. it is the same thing as double and triple parking in NYC and everywhere else for that matter. Other drivers are slightly inconvenienced and have to drive around the rude driver. If YOU start a confrontation with someone else and they feel that you will do bodily harm to them, yes, they can pull out a gun and shoot you. They could pull a knife and stab you in the heart. They could reach for a baseball bat and beat you to a pulp.

Instead of approaching a stranger and chastising them, the better idea is to find a law enforcement officer and have the law enforced. Since you are not a law enforcement officer, I think most people would have blown you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. You decide to start a confrontation and than when it doesn't go the way you wanted it to, so you pull out a gun and shoot someone.

One of my pet peeves(and very prevalent in FL) is people who just park or leave their cars running in strip malls in the no parking zone, no consideration for pedestrians or other cars that have to maneuver around them. When they can drive 50 feet and pull into a space.

A few years back around Christmas I walked over and politely said to one of these people "your car is not supposed to be parked here, you're making it hard for other drivers".

I was told to go F myself....LOL.

I was more angry at myself for wasting my time and energy thinking my comment was going to change their behavior....it wasn't.

Lesson learned.

If the victim was texting/talking during the movie that is one thing, but he wasn't.

And confronting him(we all know it wasn't a polite "excuse me sir could you please turn off your cell phone, thank you so much" scenario) wasn't going to result in a positive reaction.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Fine. He knew it was popcorn. However, he did not know what was coming next. Thus the fear issue.
what was possible be next? drink? LOL
so much for killing someone.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Nobody is sure if he will or will not shoot someone at a grocery store.

yes, he was a good guy up until the moment he fired that shot.

whether or not he was legally within his rights to shoot or not is the question. Nothing else.
Sorry, but I don't feel save to be next to someone like this killer in grocery store (and I live in Pasco, so I have all chances to meet that guy in person), so pretty please, lets keep him in cage.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:01 PM

Maybe a drink. Maybe a punch, maybe a shove. When you have an angry person in front of you there is no telling what could happen. I dont understand how some posters feel that yelling at someone and throwing something at them is acceptable behavior and legal because it is not.

However, protecting oneself from harm is acceptable and very legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
what was possible be next? drink? LOL
so much for killing someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay