Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 AM

3 posts, read 4,284 times

Advertisements

Anybody knw how i can get a job at any medical facility in tampa...i have 2 years of clerical experience and will be moving there in june.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:08 AM

13 posts, read 29,883 times
Default Hobos

I've just recently moved here from Orlando and I gotta say, these 2 cities are a lot more different from each other than I had anticipated. One thing that I first noticed when I moved here was that, it seems like the whole Tampa area is run by different gangs of hobos. Everywhere I look, I see crowds of homeless people standing on different corners of intersections holding up signs and collecting money. I see them in downtown st. pete where I work (in large numbers), and I also see them in South Tampa where I live.
Has it always been like this or the bad economy has had a more negative impact in Tampa??
Btw, I know there are homeless people in all big cities, but in most other places I’ve been to, they usually hang out in a downtown or something. In Tampa, they are everywhere!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,489 times
Living in Ohio and going to college...plans are to move to or near Clearwater Florida. I heard Clearwater was not a good area...would anyone have any suggestions? I am not looking to be right where all the action is. I have no children, just 4 small chiuhua's and would be making the rent on my own. I may even need a roomate. I just know I need a fence and prefer a garage. I know Clearwater has alot of tourists, so what would be the next closest location....away from the action? If anyone has any comments I appriciate them! Stay warm for me as well!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times
I live in Brandon and looking for an AA group. Everyone I see is for established members. Can someone please give me some information

Thanks!
Need Help!!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times
I am going to Tampa wednesday this week and would like to take a sightseeing bus to see places of importance, where do I get it?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 PM

838 posts, read 2,230,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max39872 View Post
I live in Brandon and looking for an AA group. Everyone I see is for established members. Can someone please give me some information

Thanks!
Need Help!!
Tri-County Central Office - Alcoholics Anonymous - Tampa
Go to the link above. There is a phone # for the AA tri-county office and you can call them.
Click on the link above for meeting schedules in these areas.
Click on the link above for specifically Brandon / Valrico area.

One of those links should put you through to the information you are looking for. Good luck to you.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 PM

For those looking for Al Anon, they have their own link:
Master
And their own meeting schedule:
Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups

Old 04-18-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culindinga View Post
I am going to Tampa wednesday this week and would like to take a sightseeing bus to see places of importance, where do I get it?
Travel Information
Information on streetcar tours. They ask for advance reservations, but they may be able to tell you about other tour companies if that one doesn't work for you. Lots of tour cruises on the water. But the streetcar is around town.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 PM

254 posts, read 787,882 times
Default drive from orlando to tampa

Anyone knows anyone who drives fr Orlando to Tampa or vice versa to work? DH might be accepting job working out of the Orlando airport and I might be able to get a transfer for a job in Tampa. Lakeland area is a bit iffy since we heard that schools in Orlando is much better. High school wise that is. Anyone wants to chime in?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:08 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,063,783 times
You might want to do a search on Lakeland. You can ask in the main forum about Lakeland HS.

That drive is horrible on a good day.
If they ever get light rail in then it might be doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay