U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM

8,704 posts, read 9,414,578 times

Advertisements

It is the average first day of the start of the warm up here in Tampa Bay.......even though this particular January will go down as a cold one.

Palm Harbor January Weather 2014 - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 34685
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 06:54 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,895,371 times
I'm wearing a parka, winter boots, flannel jeans, undershirt, shirt, and sweatshirt, have two heaters on in the house, and the AC is on heat! What warmig up? It's 42 degrees! I'm freezing looking for my gloves!
I need to move to a warmer place! This weather sucks!!!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I'm wearing a parka, winter boots, flannel jeans, undershirt, shirt, and sweatshirt, have two heaters on in the house, and the AC is on heat! What warmig up? It's 42 degrees! I'm freezing looking for my gloves!
I need to move to a warmer place! This weather sucks!!!
Yeah, I know. It is just the historical data day. The 20th. Certainly not this year though. It's been a chilly one, but I haven't been in a position to love or hate it all that much. Although I am trying to walk some, so I just went out in the sun in the lanai and it was okay for winter I guess.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,612,645 times
This might be one of the only days we can say it's the same temp there as it is here.

And to think that a 42 degree day here made me happy to be outside, lol

Old 01-20-2014, 03:26 PM

892 posts, read 1,406,621 times
Dude...

It's nice to see that your healthy enough to get back on City Data.....

But PLEASE DON'T start another warm winter thread....

Please?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Dude...

It's nice to see that your healthy enough to get back on City Data.....

But PLEASE DON'T start another warm winter thread....

Please?
Thx

Warm winter thread? No way. My parents came down for several weeks to help us out pre and post surgery and it had to be the worst Florida weather we have seen so far. So many cloudy and cold days, and the forecast has more cold days coming. Hopefully things will even out. I just want to get a little sun and some 70's when I try to walk. We shall see. Just because today is the average first day of warm up doesn't mean it will happen in any particular year and doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
This might be one of the only days we can say it's the same temp there as it is here.

And to think that a 42 degree day here made me happy to be outside, lol
Are you folks talking about today's weather? I was in shorts, washed the car, spent the entire day outdoors. Today was one of the most beautiful days in Fla that I can remember. Blue skies, a gentle breeze......anyone down here who would complain will likely never be happy here.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Are you folks talking about today's weather? I was in shorts, washed the car, spent the entire day outdoors. Today was one of the most beautiful days in Fla that I can remember. Blue skies, a gentle breeze......anyone down here who would complain will likely never be happy here.
I agree today was a great winter day. I got some much needed sun with good temps when I ventured outside. However, the forecast has us plunging back into the cold again. I just hope the sun will be shining. I have lots of windows, so it would be nice for some natural bright light.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:37 PM

438 posts, read 522,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I agree, I took a little walk outside on my lunch break at work and actually broke a sweat lol, it was perfect weather

Old 01-21-2014, 06:01 PM

663 posts, read 999,832 times
I'm afraid we're all going to die of hypothermia waiting for global warming to get here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or