U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:43 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,628,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post

Its these posts that just make me laugh and be glad i'm leaving
It's a headscratcher to me when the area where these people live gets trashed and then there's surprise at the backlash...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,119,231 times
Instead of attacking they should be happy I'm leaving in that case

Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM

5,340 posts, read 3,920,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
It's a headscratcher to me when the area where these people live gets trashed and then there's surprise at the backlash...
You understand this is a forum, so if you subscribe to the "if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all" then the forum would be one sided and useless, I for one enjoy duality in a thread, you are allowed not like things, you are allowed not to like to bake in the summer. Clearly the OP doesn't have a choice where she moves as she is a military spouse, and for the most part to different degrees people's choices of where they live are limited by a lot of different factors some (this will be a surprise to lot of people in this forum) more important than weather, speaking for myself I do not tie in my happiness to weather.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,119,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You understand this is a forum, so if you subscribe to the "if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all" then the forum would be one sided and useless, I for one enjoy duality in a thread, you are allowed not like things, you are allowed not to like to bake in the summer. Clearly the OP doesn't have a choice where she moves as she is a military spouse, and for the most part to different degrees people's choices of where they live are limited by a lot of different factors some (this will be a surprise to lot of people in this forum) more important than weather, speaking for myself I do not tie in my happiness to weather.
I agree.

Clearly people are hard of reading here. I listed positive things in my OP but since I'm not 100% happy, apparently that makes me miserable. LOL The people here are hilarious, I wont miss that.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:46 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,628,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Hey, I'm all for varied opinions and it would indeed be very boring if everyone agreed. Believe it or not, I'd prefer some degree of disagreement because it forces us to look at sides and opinions we might not have considered.

Having said that, there's a difference between disagreeing and/or having a constructive criticism dialogue and starting an "I hate it here" thread for the mere fact of stating it. It is only my opinion, and of course you have a right to disagree, but I tend to air on the side of respect and I just don't see the point in a thread like that. Again, my opinion.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:54 AM

2,360 posts, read 4,748,665 times
Quote:
I dont do it to be "extreme" i do it because i enjoy it.

Its these posts that just make me laugh and be glad i'm leaving
Congratulations on your move.I know that you've wanted out of Florida for some time. Good Luck.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 AM

5,608 posts, read 2,736,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Yeah, tattoos and multi colored hair stopped being 'extreme' about ten or twenty years ago; enjoy.

Tatts stopped being fashionable a long time ago.
Once the preserve of career criminals and losers they enjoyed a brief moment of popularity but when they become commonplace they became common.
All those lemmings following a fashion statement that they'll bitterly regret in years to come - rather like seeing a middle-age person still dressed as a punk only they won't be able to shower them off and put on a suit.
Most company CEOs I know wouldn't even consider someone for a job with visible tatts.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 14,201,172 times
Quote:
Til we got orders to Georgia, one of the few places that could be worse than living here (for me). Ah well, few glimmers of goodness, have some friends living about 90 minutes from where we will be, and there's always Dragon*Con in atlanta which will be HUGE for my business.

We leave first thing in July, lovely!

Ah well, it is what you make of it, i suppose I cant wait to see the looks i get there! Multi colored hair with tattoos is sure to elicit some sort of response from the folks there. An atheist living in the bible belt should be fun LOL

If you thought Florida was bad, you are going to find Georgia is hell on earth. Good luck.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 AM

15,961 posts, read 33,714,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If you thought Florida was bad, you are going to find Georgia is hell on earth. Good luck.
My sentiments exactly! People never realize what they have until they lose it.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:08 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,853,412 times
I lived in Georgia (born and raised in SC). Augusta is where I lived for 3 years in Georgia, to be specific...just right across the river from SC. Probably the worst place I have ever lived, easy...certainly the worst place of it's size. So depressing.

Also, temperature wise...get ready for HEAT. This Florida heat that all the Northerners complain about is nothing because they all moved straight from the top down to the bottom and is all they know...it gets BRUTAL in the summers in GA and SC with no relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay