Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 AM
jon jon started this thread

49 posts, read 269,221 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for the advice. It really helps to hear advice from other people. It took a lot to move away, and it is hard to move back because of all the effort we put in to leave. I believe we will have to take this opportunity as it could be our last chance with a good job to move back. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
Thanks so much for the advice. It really helps to hear advice from other people. It took a lot to move away, and it is hard to move back because of all the effort we put in to leave. I believe we will have to take this opportunity as it could be our last chance with a good job to move back. Thanks
Jon, best of luck with your decision.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:32 AM

389 posts, read 804,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
Life is a journey, not a destination! Someday you can be in both places if it suites you and you can afford it.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:45 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Can't imagine Lake Lanier area would be boring - and ATL is nearby. I could live up there - I've been re-looking the GA-SC border towns lately. Miss the country, hills, pines, golf courses there - lakes. There's a ton to do here in Tampa/STP/Sarasota - but the geography can be boring. On another note, take a trip to FLA every year to get your fill of the beaches, weather - then return to good old Georgia living.
How can the geography, actually topography, be boring with countless bayous, lakes, mangroves, forests, inlets, springs, estuaries, rivers around Tampa Bay? TB is the largest estuary in FL. What this area lacks in being flat, pretty much makes it up with its coastal areas. I never say the landscape is boring in TB, or FL in general). (and i don't want to get into the underwater topography, the best in the US besides HI).

Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 AM

894 posts, read 4,349,918 times
I am enjoying this conversation.. My husband I moved from South Florida to Woodstock January 2007 for work. We know are itching to get back to Florida but on the west coast anywhere from Sarasota to Tampa. There are things we like about Georgia, except being landlocked. Going to look at some areas this weekend. Life is too damn short to be anywhere that does not make you happy :-)

Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Jon... If this is your last opportunity to do what you feel is best for you and your family do not miss the boat.

If you stay in GA you may suffer regret for years to come. If you return to FL you can always go elsewhere when and if that time comes. As ready2move states above, life is too short to be in surroundings that you dont prefer.

Good luck. Go for it.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 AM
jon jon started this thread

49 posts, read 269,221 times
I really appreciate all the advice. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay