Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm seeing just the opposite: people are happy with the change (DUI-mig on the radio, Tom Jones WDAE) and most of the folks on the Bucs' message board where I post once in a while. I'm skeptical and will wait until the unveiling for season ticket holders, camp, or first game of the season. But from the pics I see, they're hideous.

I rarely see NIKE screw up uniforms - Oregon Ducks have some of the best around. Maybe they're a little ahead of their time by NFL standards.....
Go on the Bucs Facebook page where they have posted photos a couple times. Gives you a better glimpse into the average persons opinion of the rebranding. I think the comments have died down a bit...but at first, I think it was 1 out of 100 people who said something positive...the rest were some pretty negative criticisms.

If you want a look into "professional" opinion or those who are really into the design and aesthetics of sports, go to Chris Creamer's Sports Logos forum where I am a frequent member. Not good at all over there, either.

I just don't see why they had a reason to change. Most teams change because of a very long and poor history associated with a uniform (thus, the first rebrand for TB) or because their look is really outdated and happened to be fit for a particular era...in other words, they don't have a timeless design.

The Buc's brand was neither of those. In fact, the previous branding was associated with the most successful era of Buccaneer football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 05:45 PM

4 posts, read 7,097 times
I love the new uniforms. They look high tech. I don't get why saying they look like XFL or Arena uniforms is bad. I liked a lot of the uniforms in those leagues , the level of play was the only thing that wasn't as good. People are afraid of change and this will all go away in a few months and if the Bucs start winning again.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in "serious discussions" with free agent pass rusher Michael Johnson.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Looks like Revis will be gone, with nothing in return. I get it... Lovie runs a cover defense and Revis is a man-to-man corner. But by letting him go we're saving $1 million instead of keeping him. What CB are we going to get for $1 million that makes our secondary competitive. Revis makes the defense better just with his presence on the field.

I think Lovie is a good coach. But great coaches change their system to match the players strengths.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:47 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Michael Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers agree to five-year contract worth $43.75 million - ESPN

And he only got 3.5 sacks last year? Wow. They pan on playing him opposite of Clayborn. Pretty sure Clayborn is going to be a little upset how little he is getting paid in comparison. Hopefully have two good DL will help one or both of them get more sacks.

Gerald McCoy 50 tackles 9 sacks 5 Year - $55 Million

Michael Johnson 56 tackles 3.5 sacks 5 Year - $43.75 Million

Adrian Clayborn 64 tackles 6 sacks 4 Year - $8.6 Million

Old 03-11-2014, 01:02 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Looks like Revis will be gone, with nothing in return. I get it... Lovie runs a cover defense and Revis is a man-to-man corner. But by letting him go we're saving $1 million instead of keeping him. What CB are we going to get for $1 million that makes our secondary competitive. Revis makes the defense better just with his presence on the field.

I think Lovie is a good coach. But great coaches change their system to match the players strengths.
How do you figure we save $1 million? More like $17.5 million. And we also only lose a 4th instead of a 3rd in a deep draft.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:28 PM

McCown anyone?

Bad move, imo.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:37 AM

the McCown signing has really deflated things a bit - felt good about several of the other free agent signings........

Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
I like it. McCown was a beast last year. Also, since he was a backup so long he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on him. Signed him to two years but may be able to get 3 out of him.

I say we draft a QB with our #1 and let him sit a couple years, Aaron Rogers style.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:08 PM

166 posts, read 321,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I like it. McCown was a beast last year. Also, since he was a backup so long he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on him. Signed him to two years but may be able to get 3 out of him.

I say we draft a QB with our #1 and let him sit a couple years, Aaron Rogers style.
AGREED!!!!!

I guess they are hoping he can pull a Brad Johnson...I hope so to.

Curious to see how Tedford runs the O.

For the first time...In a long time...I am actually getting excited about this team. All this and we havent even had the draft yet!!!!

Possible top 5 defense.......

I just pray that Martin will return to form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay