Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 02:59 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,125,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
you don't understand NFL contracts and cap space - Bucs don't have to raise ticket price and are fine financially with their players' salaries - they pay several of them a pretty good chunk of change......the Bucs aren't the Rays
Could they take on Cutler's contract?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 03:27 PM

434 posts, read 530,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
sounds like a possibility....Cutler is due $16-20 mil/season I think, and that will need to be re-negotiated....would anger a lot of Bucs fans who expect Mariota or Winston.....
Prevailing wisdom is already that Cutler will be straight up cut by Chicago.

Maybe they can swing a sign and trade deal where Cutler renegotiates as part of a move to somewhere he's the starter, like Tampa.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
At first I'm thinking "not another recycled QB like Cutler" but then I think "what the hell does it matter who plays QB...they're gonna get murdered".

What the Bucs need at QB is some huge, mobile dude with a mean streak and a knowledge of self defense who can run for his life on virtually every play. I'm thinking one of the more agile WWE type of guys. He doesn't need to throw the ball 20-30 yards...just dink and dunk it 5 yards a play. Get some OL players who are masters of dirty tricks and are as mean and vicious as grizzly bears. Instead of recruiting from colleges, recruit from prisons.
omg, this post had me doubled over in laughter... which isn't so good, I've got a cold getting down into my lungs.

That's why I was thinking maybe a solid interim QB who already knows the coach, while they take a year to rebuild the lines might be a wise direction strategically.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:57 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Could they take on Cutler's contract?
They wouldn't want to pay him what the Bears are paying him - especially now that he's been benched for now. But the Bucs could afford a top QB if they had the opportunity to sign one. I think most NFL teams realize they have to pay their QBs if they're top tier.

But maybe you're right, they'd cut a high priced player like Michael Johnson, Goldson, or VJAX if they assumed a huge contract. Doubt if the Glazers would hike tickets in this town - unles they want more empty seats.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:06 PM

They could have hiked tickets to bring in someone like Peyton Manning, but that's about it.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:17 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Depends on the market, Cutler is a talent but definitely a coach killer, so I don't think the market is going to pay him what he is making now, I doubt anyone gives him any more than a year prove it kind of deal, the bears are the ones that are hosed for all that guaranteed money. The bucs seem like a good landing place for him big receivers and tight end in place, no oc so they can bring someone who is tailored to him.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAnc View Post
omg, this post had me doubled over in laughter... which isn't so good, I've got a cold getting down into my lungs.

That's why I was thinking maybe a solid interim QB who already knows the coach, while they take a year to rebuild the lines might be a wise direction strategically.
I've come to the conclusion that the Bucs are never, ever going to have a franchise QB like a Manning, Luck, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady etc. I don't know if it's the climate, a Doug Williams curse, a mindset of coaching and scouting or something else. I don't need to remind anyone of the QBs who struggled with the Bucs then went elsewhere and had great careers.

We need a mindset like Bill Belichick's when it comes to under performing players...set them down and bring up someone from the practice squad. Personally, I'd like to see what Mike Kafka could do.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:44 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Well, it's official-the Bucs are the worst team in the NFL. Not that I didn't know that already.

Bucs to Pick First in 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-28-2014, 03:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Well, it's official-the Bucs are the worst team in the NFL. Not that I didn't know that already.

Bucs to Pick First in 2015 NFL Draft
Thank God. I thought they were going to blow it for a while.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:52 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Last edited by BucFan; 12-28-2014 at 05:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay