U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:50 AM

47 posts, read 131,921 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

This may be a trivial question but I had to get it out of the way.
Anyone living in Fishhawk area know which carrier has the best cellphone service in the Fishhawk ranch area?
I currently have T-mobile and love it (Atlanta) but last I visited Fishhawk area( Dec 2013) there was no service at all
T-mobile worked great with almost 4 bars LTE in Brandon but was essentially useless in the Fishhawk ranch area.I hate to go back to Verizon(great service but currently getting more value with T-mobile) but I will if I have to....

Thanks again.

Last edited by Fireblade3; 02-27-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM

3,147 posts, read 6,083,957 times
Personal Coverage Check

Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Hi,
The T-mobile coverage check indicates there is coverage but me having visited there personally I can safely say there was practically no coverage.
And that's the reason I wanted to find out with others who are living in the area.
Thanks anyway !

Old 02-28-2014, 07:22 AM

6,179 posts, read 4,419,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade3 View Post
Hi,
The T-mobile coverage check indicates there is coverage but me having visited there personally I can safely say there was practically no coverage.
And that's the reason I wanted to find out with others who are living in the area.
Thanks anyway !
Coverage Maps for Wireless Carriers - Sensorly

The carriers maps are not accurate. Looks like no dice on t-mobile lte there.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Coverage Maps for Wireless Carriers - Sensorly

The carriers maps are not accurate. Looks like no dice on t-mobile lte there.

Thank you !

Old 02-28-2014, 11:10 AM

49 posts, read 123,595 times
I have tmobile and live in Fishhawk. The cell service is bad. Some small spots get you 4G, but mostly edge. I usually have 1-3 bars when not in my home, but with tmobile's wifi calling feature, i have strong service when on my wifi network. Without my wifi, I would've probably changed carriers.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyce_1 View Post
I have tmobile and live in Fishhawk. The cell service is bad. Some small spots get you 4G, but mostly edge. I usually have 1-3 bars when not in my home, but with tmobile's wifi calling feature, i have strong service when on my wifi network. Without my wifi, I would've probably changed carriers.
Thank you Nyce !
Long been an iPhone user which does not support wifi calling !
Atleast I can use an Android device then.
Thanks again !

Old 02-18-2017, 06:51 PM

13 posts, read 10,778 times
I have Net10 that uses AT&T towers. The coverage is pretty bad. Useless inside the house. Permanent slow service on 4G. Got advice to buy a "Repeater" for the use at home, but personally thinking to switch to Verizon.

So if you have Verizon or any other ideas, please give me advice.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:37 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,016,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade3 View Post
Hi,
Thanks anyway !
Strange that TMobile doesn't have strong signal in Fishhawk. I'm in Waterleaf and initially had spotty service with both cell and data. But I now have strong Band 12 signal now, so guessing they put up a cell tower nearby. TMobile does offer 4G LTE CellSpot device for free that you connect to your internet router. As you know you can use your WiFi for data and calls (maybe depending on your phone).

You may want to post tweet or DM on Twitter to TMobile Help, found them to be genuinely interested in areas with spotty coverage. I had reached out to them when I had poor service and they let me know they were expanding coverage into the area. As I noted above I have great coverage now. Worth a shot?

Old 02-19-2017, 05:48 AM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
5,081 posts, read 5,711,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvoe View Post
I have Net10 that uses AT&T towers. The coverage is pretty bad. Useless inside the house. Permanent slow service on 4G. Got advice to buy a "Repeater" for the use at home, but personally thinking to switch to Verizon.

So if you have Verizon or any other ideas, please give me advice.
Zombie thread, folks. It's two years old.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>